Wiring help quick

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Parents house is a 70's double wide. So some goofy wiring for sure.

They lost power to the lights in all three bedrooms on the right side of the house and the plug in on the same walls as the light switches, but power to everthing else is fine.

I started at the first switch and light coming from the breaker box, and yes tried a new breaker which didnt work, and have 120v at the light and switch, even at the light socket but it wont power the light bulbs? Not sure where to go from here....

iam not an electriction, but, first check to see if is copper wire OR aluminium. if its al DONT touch it. get an electriction.

Sounds like maybe one of the Grounds or a Leg went bad somewhere, i had that happen when we built our house, i had 220 going to one 1/2 of my house and nothing on the other 1/2, I never seen a 60 watt bulb burn that bright!! Come to find out the Ground on one side of the panel was loose,causing the problem.

Yeah I'm thinking its just a lose common on one of the plugs. They are back stabbed instead of in the screws so I'm just gonna replace them all while I'm at it. Got shocked twice too, sucks every time, I'll turn the power off tomorrow lol.

lol at least it will keep you on your toes after you get zapped, i was re wiring a water heater that someone un hooked, i didnt know the power was on and got 220 to the top of my head when i stood up, That hurt like the dickens.

Yeah 220 isnt anything to play around with lol. 110 is bad enough. I get it alot from electric fences. Seems like you can never control what you say at the time either lol. %*!#**

:censored: yup my underground fence got me when i was installing it for my German Shepherd, i was walking the line testing it with the prongs in the palm of my hand, of course my daughter was there with me, and came and asked her mom what S.O.B meant.....needless to say i was in the doghouse for a few days.

Back