Why eBay often sucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see anything wrong with someone with a 100 dollar item putting 75 dollars for shipping and someone can bid from 0-25. May not get as many bidders but the item still sells. For those of you that didn't know this,you know now.

sellers that charge $75 shipping and say only $25 for the item, is just are bad if not worse. If that seller rips off the buyer, ONLY the item price is protected under paypals buyer protection, NOT the shipping fees. So the buyer has no recourse to get his money back.

If you are unhappy with ebays insane fees, it's simple, DON'T sell on ebay. Using their fees to justify illegal or immoral actions is total bullshit!

Your opinion is your opinion, everyones differs and i'll do what I choose.

So do you? don't you? will you? which is it?

I read just fine, aced all my college English courses actually. I was simply referring to the fact you said you had used the fee avoidance by selling a $25 item and charging $75 shipping, which doesn't give the buyer full Paypal protection as mentioned. And also that you may do other things that were against ebay policy in the future, but you weren't sure as you couldn't predict the future, after you brought up morals and respect.

Everyone has different opinions on what is morally correct and what isn't. My opinion is that those things are not morally correct, and it's dishonest if people aren't aware that only their $25 purchase is protected, and not their $75 for shipping. Again, this is my opinion on what's right and wrong, and so far, in 36 years, it hasn't steered me wrong yet.

first of all, i'm not going to scroll back and see how I worded that. It was simply a example explainig how fee avoidance worked for people who don't know. Secondly, I agree with you and can understand as a buyer why it would erk you. You don't have to bid on the item so it doesn't really effect you. Third, I did not know shipping wasn't covered by ebay untill you stated so in this thread.

I can assure you I have 100 percent possitive feedback on ebay and i'm going on 300+ feedback. Most people are very happy with the fast shipping, most items I sell ship the day after I receive payment.

last but not least, you guys don't even know how much i'm charging/paying for shipping. I often go to walmart and buy packing material such as bubble wrap which is pretty expensive. along with packing tape which I pay 3 dollars a roll for and other things. I can't find anyone that sells peanuts aroundhere though.

Last edited:
I have no problems at all with paying a couple extra bucks for shipping, IF, it comes packed properly and is shipped quickly. What I do have an issue with is exactly what you had stated, charging $75 shipping and $25 for an item worth $100, just for the fact as I stated you have no recourse to recover funds for shipping, only the item cost if there is a problem.

The bigger issue in this thread was a douchebag using multiple accounts to bid up his own auctions, creating false demand for his crap. But you also stated in your first post in this thread "I am not reading all the posts" and then went off on shipping, which was not even the original issue. Maybe next time you will actually take the time to read the posts before commenting.

I have no problems at all with paying a couple extra bucks for shipping, IF, it comes packed properly and is shipped quickly. What I do have an issue with is exactly what you had stated, charging $75 shipping and $25 for an item worth $100, just for the fact as I stated you have no recourse to recover funds for shipping, only the item cost if there is a problem.

The bigger issue in this thread was a douchebag using multiple accounts to bid up his own auctions, creating false demand for his crap. But you also stated in your first post in this thread "I am not reading all the posts" and then went off on shipping, which was not even the original issue. Maybe next time you will actually take the time to read the posts before commenting.

I didn't read all the posts, but I did read the posts where yall gave him crap for admitting he bidded up his crap, that's his problem and I don't really have anything to do with it or say about it positive or negative, it's none of my buisness.

as far as the shipping being raised to avoid fees, well, money is money... like i said before, ya don't gotta bid on something if you're worried about getting screwed. I'm paranoid to buy anything from anyone off any forums.. I'm on several and have heard of people getting screwed all the time. All forums don't have the 3 month 100+ post thing going on, I do believe that helps you guys out. I'd worry more about purchasing from people on forums than someone trying to avoid fees on ebay. LoL. That's just my own opinion though and everyones will be different. I guess if you see something you want and you know they are trying to avoid the fees, check there feedback.

I used to purchase ( i guess from china) all the time for .99 cent and 25+ bucks shipping. I figured it was to avoid fees. I don't see that on there much anymore though. I think they cracked down on it. Needless to say, I always got what I ordered and it was in new condition.

Last edited:
Is that umm, 2 people banned in this thread? Lol thats funny :hehe:

Only one it looks like. The other is just on a mandatory "vacation."

wow I will have to say now I know why some of you staff are on edge at times..... some people need to realize when they have royaly fudged up!!!!!! I read from page 1 and oh.....my.....god......!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys atleast get enough $$$$ to make it worth it l.o.l.....

What I was thinking was wow I can't beleive they do that stuff on e-bay ( not to mention I realize why certain things have happend on e-bay) But they are actually bragging about what they do and no matter what people say they still think they are right... I thought I was thick l.o.l....

My hat goes off to you gentlemen for the s#*t you put up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, just like the rest of us green guys.

HAHA. For some reason, I was reading this thread a lil while ago........... interesting.

I'd say at this point my paycheck is about equal to my level of effort...