Another... Which should I get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like i'm probably going to go with the Savage. Not just from everyone's picks on here, but the reading i've done over the past few hours. From what I've read it's more durable and seems to have a good backing as far as parts go. My LHS might not carry all of them, but as another person mentioned I am also about 45 minutes from my LHS. Think i'm going to take advantage of the $25 off at Tower as I can get free shipping there as well. Still haven't pulled the trigger, so I am still open to suggestions!

It may be too late but I have to throw a vote in for the Losi LST/LST2/Aftershock series. Biggest and baddest MT there is--hands down. Far superior radio system (best in ANY RTR) and they are tough as nails. I will never part with my LST. Just thought I would throw in my half-cent's worth...

That may be so and I do plan on getting a LOSI one day but the
th_license_20090208202132_96896.jpg
:p:

It may be too late but I have to throw a vote in for the Losi LST/LST2/Aftershock series. Biggest and baddest MT there is--hands down. Far superior radio system (best in ANY RTR) and they are tough as nails. I will never part with my LST. Just thought I would throw in my half-cent's worth...

Saw the LST2 at my LHS. WOW! ... then I saw the pricetag.... even bigger WOW!... but in a different way.

Looks like a beast! Just not sure it's my cup of tea. Price is definitely above and beyond what I was hoping to have invested. I have $250+ in my Losi Micro-T that's kept me busy the last month... lol

i saw the savage my friend owns one his brother owns a tmaxx 3.3 and rips him up the savvage has less chassy problems but more motor problems the tmaxx is much funner to drive

Called theh LHS, and they are carrying more and more Savage parts... so the Savage is starting to look good. Still haven't made a total decision, though I thank everyone for their input!

I'll let you guys know what I decide. Hopefully nobody takes it personally if I don't get the one they recommended. Plus I have a feeling that either one I get, if i'm not happy I shouldn't have a problem finding a buyer.

Well... I believe I'm going with the Savage. I've looked around and watched many videos, read many articles and other websites... Just looks like it might be what i'm looking for. Though I did run into a couple sites that were definitely partial to one brand over the others... I shrugged those off as they didn't feel legitimate to me.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and insight with this. Again, I don't want to offend anyone if I didn't pick the vehicle they suggested. Few months down the road and you never know what can happen! I just might have a T-Maxx or Revo or Jato sitting next to the Savage! Or the Savage could be gone and replaced with something else.

I have to admit that near the end I was starting to look more at the Revo... many other sites say that it handles very very well off road. Some were going as far as saying that it handled everything that the Savage and T-Maxx could, only better or even the BEST nitro out there. Honestly, i'm not sure there is a "best" vehicle out there. It should be what ever is best for you at that time with what resources you have. Right now, this just seemed to be the best fit.

Again... I can be long winded and could probably go on all night, but i'll end it here.

Thank you very much for all of your input. I look forward to discussing the new Savage when it arrives and any problems, questions I may have. You guys have been great and I'm glad to be part of this community!

Now... the wait begins... *sigh*... :hehe:

Last edited:
i have a revo 3.3 savage ss and a savage x ss do`nt get me wrong i like the revo like. i love my savages. for speed and handling the revo all day but the savages can jump crash and bash all over the revo. if your gonna race at a track get a revo if you want a truck that will go trough a brick wall and drive away SAVAGE.

Thanks for the offer, but I'd like to start new with this one. Nothing like opening up that box and seeing a brand new shiny vehicle waiting to be unleashed!

I had the feeling about the Slayer not being the best choice. I just really like the looks of them. Having the Tamiya F-150, I was aware of how it handled, but was hoping that the extra HP would make up for some of the problems.

Thanks for all the replies guys, keep them coming! :)
Purely FYI: Integy and others sell CLONES of those Tamiya F150/HI Lift trucks you mentioned, but RTR I believe, for starting like $215, and normal shipping. Called the HG P417. That got MY attention. You can find several substantive reviews of these trucks on YouTube. I’m very seriously considering one — for the cool factor only. (Oftentimes I just like to grab one of my RCs off its shelf and, well, admire it. (Lol is that too weird to admit publicly?) Of course I doubt these P417 critters can crawl or trail with best of the modern rigs, to say the least.

Purely FYI: Integy and others sell CLONES of those Tamiya F150/HI Lift trucks you mentioned, but RTR I believe, for starting like $215, and normal shipping. Called the HG P417. That got MY attention. You can find several substantive reviews of these trucks on YouTube. I’m very seriously considering one — for the cool factor only. (Oftentimes I just like to grab one of my RCs off its shelf and, well, admire it. (Lol is that too weird to admit publicly?) Of course I doubt these P417 critters can crawl or trail with best of the modern rigs, to say the least.
sorry to inform you but this forum is from 2009