Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is my second best performer after my Furitek Cayman Pro. The Redcat Ascent 18 is hot on it's heels though.
Ivenever seen that one that I remember. What kinda shock setup is on it? Usually you don't see a stance like that with portals.

I think I may have failed to give it a proper introduction. 🤔 it's got some beefy shocks on it. Here's a couple of pics. Under the hood it's running a Furitek power plant.
PSX_20240428_193559.jpg

PSX_20240428_193636.jpg

I think I may have failed to give it a proper introduction. 🤔 it's got some beefy shocks on it. Here's a couple of pics. Under the hood it's running a Furitek power plant.
View attachment 188828
View attachment 188829
Yeah, I don't think I've even heard of that one before, let alone seen yours. Are those shocks at full droop? What all have you done to it? I want one!

Last edited:
Shocks are at full droop, other than add new wheels and tires, it's pretty much stock. Here is a link, mine came with the Furitek system installed, looks like it's been changed to an option now.

See it Here!

Shocks are at full droop, other than add new wheels and tires, it's pretty much stock. Here is a link, mine came with the Furitek system installed, looks like it's been changed to an option now.

See it Here!
I was trying to find one with the Furitek system. Seems they no longer offer that version anywhere that I can find. Well, except aliexpress. And I would bet if I bought one off there I'd get the non-Furitek version even though it shows it with it.

My ESC and RX is out for delivery so I'll be installing them.
I'm charging a Lipo so I can run the ESC through a program card.
This is on my 1/10 scale crawler I'm building and then I'lll continue on the
1/24 scale build I started a while back.

Today during lunch I put a new set of Injora deep dish rims and Injora Mud Terrain MT tires on my Redcat Ascent18. EDIT: of course I just noticed my bead isn't set, gonna have to pop the front left off and reseat it. DOH!

IMG_20240502_123754150_HDR_edited.jpg

Today during lunch I put a new set of Injora deep dish rims and Injora Mud Terrain MT tires on my Redcat Ascent18. EDIT: of course I just noticed my bead isn't set, gonna have to pop the front left off and reseat it. DOH!

View attachment 189086
Nice. They steelies? It looks like someone finally made some wagon wheels you don't have to run backwards to get the deep dish. Gonna have to grab a set for the Deadbox. The ones I put on it I hate, and the RC4WD wagons went on Carnage.

One thing about the Ascent 18 I don't like is the body. I would be hacking that flap off at the bottom like so.
Untitled237_20240502163516.png

Great looking truck @Doom! .

The aluminum links I bought for the 1/10 crawler I'm building I didn't care for much.
They are black but I have a set of titanium links so I changed out all the ends and
installed them on the crawler. Much better looking.

Last edited:
Nice. They steelies? It looks like someone finally made some wagon wheels you don't have to run backwards to get the deep dish. Gonna have to grab a set for the Deadbox. The ones I put on it I hate, and the RC4WD wagons went on Carnage.

One thing about the Ascent 18 I don't like is the body. I would be hacking that flap off at the bottom like so.
View attachment 189087
If I cut that off there will be a gap between the frame and the body. I am going to put flat black vinyl down there when I get a chance, just haven't decided if I want to add a graphic too.

Great looking truck @Doom! .

The aluminum links I bought for the 1/10 crawler I'm building I didn't care for much.
They are black but I have a set of titanium links so I changed out all the ends and
installed them on the crawler. Much better looking.
Titanium is king. 😁🥰😍

Looks a lot better and I think they are titanium. If not, send me to my corner. :D

If I cut that off there will be a gap between the frame and the body. I am going to put flat black vinyl down there when I get a chance, just haven't decided if I want to add a graphic too.
That was what I was kinda thinking when I was darkening that area. Just making it a different color will really make that body look better. It kinda looks like a Ford body except for the front end.

Been honing in the Sledge. It still has issues. It steers like an Arrma BLX even with it's new Reafs 500 Raw servo ( I have a Treal bellcrank on order ) and the ring gears are running rough ( a GPM ring gear set is in its future ). The current ring gear set is Traxxas new/stock. Overall the truck ran pretty well today.

20240502_084431.jpg

Been honing in the Sledge. It still has issues. It steers like an Arrma BLX even with it's new Reafs 500 Raw servo ( I have a Treal bellcrank on order ) and the ring gears are running rough ( a GPM ring gear set is in its future ). The current ring gear set is Traxxas new/stock. Overall the truck ran pretty well today.

View attachment 189094
Good god man! Put a cover on that thing, can't have you exposing your private bits here on the forum!

Been at it again.
Re-did the Sledge's battery box and while I was at it, I made my Sledge Arrma roll cage compatible. I already have Arrma body mount compatible shock towers, so now I can mount any body that will fit a Kraton.

20240502_161152.jpg