Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
78115FC3-3365-4095-8389-BCC553F51B3E.jpeg

Finally got the mt8 back together (son made it a little more challenging 😂) but it’s all good😁

I had seen some posts about the arms on them, it came with an extra set of uppers and lowers, they were updated from the original ones so I swapped out both fronts, didn’t mess with the back yet, will wait til we break em 🤣

View attachment 187648

Finally got the mt8 back together (son made it a little more challenging 😂) but it’s all good😁

I had seen some posts about the arms on them, it came with an extra set of uppers and lowers, they were updated from the original ones so I swapped out both fronts, didn’t mess with the back yet, will wait til we break em 🤣
I just got mine yesterday and saw that pack of extra arms and noticed they look different then the OEM arms? After more searching around, I found that the extra pack of arms are from the Redcat Kaiju Monster Truck. I had no idea that Associated and Redcat had anything to do with each other, so I'm lost on that one!

I just got mine yesterday and saw that pack of extra arms and noticed they look different then the OEM arms? After more searching around, I found that the extra pack of arms are from the Redcat Kaiju Monster Truck. I had no idea that Associated and Redcat had anything to do with each other, so I'm lost on that one!

I was wondering if you got yours in.

Helped uncle work on his truck today. 06 GMC 1500.
New front brake lines
Brakes bled
New front sway bar end links

And we took a short drive after that.

Found out we was missing the drivers side end link. So we replaced that.
Yesterday he lost front brakes coming home. Passenger brake line cut straight through.

OEM 18yr old brake lines and pretty sure sway bar end links. Can't complain.

Got my hands dirty too.

Scaled out the Senton 2S for 66ft drag racing runs tomorrow. Footprint side to side at 25g is close enough for me.

Managed to grab another percentage point of RR weight. JC Dotek tires are a bit heavier than the P-L Icons. And switched the battery in the tray putting the power leads (and their weight) back further and added a 1/8" foam spacer to force the battery back in the tray. Like to see 40/60 FR/RR but can live with 56.5% RR wt. for now.

20240412_110148_resize.jpg

Prepping for racing this weekend.

Saturday: Oval racing at Loco Joe's
Sunday: Off-road at Adrenaline 1/10

Decided I would change the ESC and battery connectors on my Slash/Mudboss to work with my new icharger dx6. Spent some time removing the Anderson PowerPole connectors and soldered on new XT60H connectors to the ESC and batteries. Also made two EC3 -> XT60 adapter cables for use with my Spektrum charger if needed. Then removed the PowerPole connector from my longer charge lead and added the XT60H to it. Tonight I just did the mudboss, later I'll do the ESC in the Spec Slash.

I pulled the ESC and motor from my Tekno SCT410.3. I experimented with industrial velcro to hold the ESC. It worked.... 2 races. The clay/dirt build up was too much for the velcro to actually stick/work well without a lot of cleaning. Removed the velcro and went back to good ol' double sided tape. I added a piece of "Landing Pad" protective neoprene material I got from RC Body Armor under the ESC. Give it some nice cushion for those large jump landings. Then... well I repositioned the ESC and decided to re-wire it :) I desoldered the motor wires and then cut them down some to clean it up a bit and then I added a braided wire cover and shrink wrapped it. I think it's purdy now... and clean wiring. I also redid the battery bullets. I had gotten some whitz racing bullets with heat sinks and I lost one of the heat sinks on the last race... gone... away... their heat sinks don't have a grub screw like the 1UP Racing bullets do. I soldered on some new 5mm bullets that are vertical pull not those horizontal weirdness and added purdy shrink wrap there.

No I didn't take any pictures yet.... maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.

Wow, requiem33. All that connector soldering, you'll never have to prove your courage in any other way. Kudos. Something I need to do here but keep putting off. Like many others in RC, I've probably got an adapter for every RC connector ever made. . . :eek:

Wow, requiem33. All that connector soldering, you'll never have to prove your courage in any other way. Kudos. Something I need to do here but keep putting off. Like many others in RC, I've probably got an adapter for every RC connector ever made. . . :eek:

I don't mind adapters for charging when necessary but I do not like them for connection between ESC and battery.

I get it. Soldering can be intimidating but it's really not hard it just takes some practice. I will say the 10awg wires on the SMC batteries goes to the XT60 plugs turned into a problem. Not the soldering part but putting the nice plastic "cover" on... it was so tight it pealed the silicone cover off the wires. Great... now those batteries are ugly with electrical tape! :rolleyes:

I don't mind adapters for charging when necessary but I do not like them for connection between ESC and battery.

I get it. Soldering can be intimidating but it's really not hard it just takes some practice. I will say the 10awg wires on the SMC batteries goes to the XT60 plugs turned into a problem. Not the soldering part but putting the nice plastic "cover" on... it was so tight it pealed the silicone cover off the wires. Great... now those batteries are ugly with electrical tape! :rolleyes:

When I get one like that, I usually make sure nothing is exposed by using liqid electrical tape, and the cover the mess with a bit of shrink tubing. Less of an eye sore.

When I get one like that, I usually make sure nothing is exposed by using liqid electrical tape, and the cover the mess with a bit of shrink tubing. Less of an eye sore.
Something I did not have... the liquid electrical tape. I'll have to get some. I could have shrink tubed it... but I wasn't going to desolder and do it all over again... I just taped it up. I did try cutting a shrink tube and using it but it just curled off... :confused:

Something I did not have... the liquid electrical tape. I'll have to get some. I could have shrink tubed it... but I wasn't going to desolder and do it all over again... I just taped it up. I did try cutting a shrink tube and using it but it just curled off... :confused:

I have shrink tube in a bunch of sizes. I have some that will slide over a finished connector and still shrink enouph to cover up a mess. 🤣 can't remeber where I got it though, it might have been an assortment from Amazon or an Auto parts store. Going to have to find more soon, I'm almost out.

I have shrink tube in a bunch of sizes. I have some that will slide over a finished connector and still shrink enouph to cover up a mess. 🤣 can't remeber where I got it though, it might have been an assortment from Amazon or an Auto parts store. Going to have to find more soon, I'm almost out.
Large enough to go over a XT60 and still shrink down to seal a 10AWG cable? Hmm.... I have an assortment box... couple of them... I might have to see if I have one large enough and try it.

Large enough to go over a XT60 and still shrink down to seal a 10AWG cable? Hmm.... I have an assortment box... couple of them... I might have to see if I have one large enough and try it.
I just checked to see if I could find a size on the shrink tube but apparently I used the last one, I could swear I still had a couple left. :doh: now I need to figure out what size they were so I can find more. My next size is just a little too small.

This week and weekend ill take some time to rebuild the transmission and diff, and whole rear end in the slash. And make some motor wire extensions so I can mount the esc in the stock location. Hopefully my wiring job goes to plan and works good.

Also need to work on the Mini B for the front camber link. That will take an easy 5 minutes to do so not worried about that at the moment.