whats a good starting truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisherman

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My bro is interested in getting a stadium truck and i was wanting to know what the best brand would be. hes leaning towards a traxxas nitro rustler b/c of the price and the e/z startsystem. Any suggestions? :2cents:

Last edited:
i woudln't get the nitor rustler. the engine in it, while very powerful and fast, can sometimes be a pita to tune and keep running. i'd recomend either the rc10gt or xtm x-cellerator. both are good, cheap trucks with easy to tune engines (yet still fast and powerful). the rc10t would be better than the xtm for racing, and it also has way better parts support. the xtm is cheaper, however.

I had the losi xxx-nt rtr and would probably recommend it to anyone. It was a good solid truck and could take a pretty good beating. Aftermarket support is pretty good for the majority of the truck.

The associated rc-10 gt looks like it would be easier to work on though. It doesn't have the center chassis brace the xxxnt has. And, you can get RPM arms for it that you can't get for the losi.

RPM doesn't make arms for the losi because the tolerances are to tight. They can't get enough of their product on the arms in the weak points to do any good. So instead of having a part that breaks, they don't make one. (I sent them a couple emails asking about this) The losi arms do break pretty easy, but they are also pretty cheap.

after i wrote this thread i saw one like it and they mentioned the rc10gt and i looked into it and showed my bro and i think hes going to get the Associated rc10gt plus RTR.
Cuz hes a beginner and doesn't want to have to buy a radio for it, he wants it ready to run.

heres the one he wants.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLU0&P=7
Thanx

What site can you find that losi xxx-nt RTR?

You can get it at hobbytown.com XXX NT or stormer XXX NT

Are you sure you want a stadium truck though? I made the mistake of getting a ST and ended up making the mistake of getting a tmaxx, then finally made a good descision with a savage.

The reason I ask is, where are you intending on driving it? If your racing, or if you have a nice flat dirt surface with little stuff to jump, then the ST is good. If you plan on driving through grass or taking big air, I'd suggest going the MT route.

I have a T-maxx dont hate it but dont love it i just started aswell and now he wants a stadium truck i think he thinks he will be able to ride rough in grass and rocks.

Do you think stadium trucks are ment for that? or that they can endure that kinda punish ment he basically wants to go out andjump it and stuff . we just went to this park today and drove my truck it was awesome but i think he wants to kinda bash w/ it.

He basically wants to use it like a monster truck or i guess somthing like a savage

I wouldn't suggest it. They can take a beating, but not like some an mt and definatly not like a buggy. IMHO, the ST is designed for racing only. It's low to the ground, soft suspension, corners really well, high hp to weight ratio. It all adds up to a quick corning, fast at taking off and low flying racer.

If he wants to bash with you and your maxx, he's going to be doing more sitting and watching than bashing I'm afraid. They go ok in grass (short grass... i mean really short) and they can jump (3 feet at the most without damaging stuff quickly). Like I said, if he wants to bash where you bash and drive like a maxx drives, get a maxx, or better yet, get a savage. A savage can take more punishment and has a bigger engine and room for a bigger yet engine.

Just my .02

i probably should of gotten a savage but i was thinmking mainly about cost and stuff then atleast i havnt broken any thing on it yet and its stil stock. although i wish i would have gotten a savage though. thanks for allyour help ill make sure i let my bro read this and thanks again for your helping me

wow thats a good price when i was looking there was a big price diff the t-maxx was 370$ and the savage 25 was or is about 449$ or some where around there.

the savage can be found for $400 like olds pointed out, t-maxx's nowadays are around $370. or you can go the mgt route, they can be found for around $450.

the savage 25 is selling for 424$ on stormer thats the rtr and the ss kit is selling for 339$.

i have the rc10gt and i love it. it can go through grass and stuff like that pretty easily. i live in the mountains so we have alot of rough terrain and it handles it well.

the rc 10gt because i use to live by a swamp and it went threw the mudd preety quick being 2wd and terrs threw the grass

Check out the TNX for less than 3 bills!!!!

I would go with the R/C 10 GT i have one and love it.

YO check this out This thread is almost a year old :spit:

I Like Stadiums Myself And There Are Loads To Start From But Some I Would Like To Point Out Are The Traxxas Jato The Rush Evo Rtr With Rotostart Systm, The Nitro Mt2 18ss And The Lightening Stadiumtruck And There All Under £350