Whats a good 21 engine for like$200?

• Thread starter lillightingboy21
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillightingboy21

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want a good engine for a buggy that is a 21 engine. I dont want an 8 port or a wasp or a picco 26. Also it has to be in the $200 price range. And it also has to be easy to tune, can keep a tune, and is fast.

For $139, I really like my OS 21-RG-X(I have 2) Fast ,reliable.ez to tune and maintain, I am sure there are many good choices for your price range, But I tend to stick with what works for me, and the OS has never let me down!

Why dont you want any of the ones you mentioned?

Last edited:
Oh yea and it has to be a pull start.

OS 21 RG-X X means pullstart!

Ohh i know that i was just thinking about that. Because i dont have astarter box.

But any other suggestions?

Well the 8 port i dont want that because the pull start issues and the thing can't keep a tune. And the wasp and picco they are just a little to powerful for my diff gears and i dont want to have to fix the diff gears. Because i know they will get ripped up and that will be over $200 then. And i dont want to spend alot right now because i havent been making alot of money because i can't mow grass right now.

nitromaniac has the best suggestion in this thread. If you step beyond the OS or Ofna suggestions you are probably going past your budget.

I dont know who i was just reading many threads about this motor and i saw that many people had to put an os 20 carb on it because it doesn't hold a tune very well.

I've heard the .26 owners having problems with them including putting an OS carb on them but nothing bad about the 8 port.

I've got an 8 port and I've heard many other members highly reccomending the OS 20-E carb for better tuning. So far with the stock carb my 8 port runs great, no problems at all, just my own bad tuning :\ . Once I got it tweaked right it's held a tune pretty dang good.:thumbup:

Last edited:
The OS 21 RG-X(P) is what i use. Doubt i will ever put anything else in my maxx. Just a little more power than you need, but not so much that your gears are hating you for it. Tunes easy, not real sure about life. I'm just starting my 3rd gallon.

One Company says it all RB Concepts! Best engines I think money can buy! Now, if I can only talk the wife into letting me pick one up!!! The WSC7-2 is like $229

Woody

About the Hyper 21 8P, I don't know of any real pullstart issue other than people ripping them off during break-in period (sleeve is tight as baby's butt) and the OS carb makes a world of a difference in the engine's performance and reliability. the 8P Race can be found for as little as $140 to $170 and I think you can fit a Hyper pullstart unit in and a #20E carb.

I also have an RG (used to be RG-X until I cut the crank pin) and it's a damn good motor as well, but the XTM 24.7 and Picco .26 are awesome too. Can't really think of many other good pullstart engines.

I'm with nitromaniac and kuma on this one - you can't really go wrong with the OS RG(X) for the money.

The thing is nearly foolproof for tuning and they last for gallons and gallons.

-SlingItX

Thanks guys i think I'm gonna get the rg-x. Seems like a sweet motor. But if anyone else has any sugestions please state them......Nick

Don't listen to me, I'm a spam artist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guess what I'm not a noobie. Ok? Good..... But it seems to me that your a noobbie to this site because you are not supost to use more than 2 smiles per thread. Plus it is annoying and it uses up bandwith. Plus I'm not the one with rcnt neebie under your name am i? Didnt think so. Ok? Great good.....Nick