what RC car do i have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carburetor2.jpg

The screw in the center of the carb linkage arm is the low speed needle (LSN),
The screw with the spring is the idle gap adjustment,
The screw with the fuel nipple is the high speed needle (HSN)

thanks for that. yesterday it decided to idle so it worked out. there was a decent amount of smoke coming out and about maybe 20 drops of fuel came out of the muffler after a 1/4 tank. Also i happened to have a heat gun and i got the running temp of 160. I've been reading that they should operate at 220 and if its lower its too lean. is this correct?

thanks for that. yesterday it decided to idle so it worked out. there was a decent amount of smoke coming out and about maybe 20 drops of fuel came out of the muffler after a 1/4 tank. Also i happened to have a heat gun and i got the running temp of 160. I've been reading that they should operate at 220 and if its lower its too lean. is this correct?
Use this tuning guide, it'll tell you were all the needles are, it's got a great tuning flowchart that tells you the proper engine temperatures so please read this through before asking something that may of already been answered there. :)

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/