What factors determine if something is doable

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majin

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hey guys I'm curious how you much smarter people figure out what's possible?
Like if I were to say pick up an infraction next weekend
But then decided I wanted to put mud tires on it and get silly
What would determine whether I can do that?
Wheel speed? Drivetrain? Ride height? Or would I just throw a set of mud tires on it
I feel like larger tires are going r
To stress the motor right?
So does that factor in?
Would I just need to also get a "stronger" motor and drive train?

I see you guys adding to your rides stretching em out
Making new bodies and such
How do you figure that out? Not the creative aspect but the technical aspect
I can trim a body to sort of fit a car
But stretching a car to fit a body???? Sorcery plain and simple

The infra lions is just am example
What od like to do is figure out how to make a truck able to haul 300 lbs of dirt up a hill so I don't have to lol but that's mostly for funnies
The base question is Fer learnins
How do I determine what is and is not feasable for a rig.

The thing that determines is does it fit and roll smoothly and how long is how often your replacing driveline options.

Hauling 300IBS is doable with the cen f450 on a flat surface. Due to the driveshaft surface bite area and traction I'd use a power wheels with a large scale car system. I've seen castle 540/550 setups years ago full radio control.

I've been thinking about trying to make a powerwheels rc.

The thing that determines is does it fit and roll smoothly and how long is how often your replacing driveline options.

Hauling 300IBS is doable with the cen f450 on a flat surface. Due to the driveshaft surface bite area and traction I'd use a power wheels with a large scale car system. I've seen castle 540/550 setups years ago full radio control.

I've been thinking about trying to make a powerwheels rc.
when i go to the creek theres going to be a lot of scx6 and cen f450s I've seen available in the for sale page, I've heard you mention the power of your cen before @Chubaka its really the main reason I've even considered getting one (loved watching you play in the mud!) you made the truck look so dang FUN . then added in the benefit of hauling a trailer i was almost sold on one.
it seems the AVERAGE price on stock scx6 is going for around 5-600 the cen's so far are all factory fresh and no real reliable pricing, but there are ALLEDGEDLY going to be many for sale.
I'm only able to bring 1300 cash with me, so thats imiting me from going bonkers but id liketo bring back one or the other for sure. if posed with the choice which would you get and then use a base to improve for pulling stuff uphill?

when i go to the creek theres going to be a lot of scx6 and cen f450s I've seen available in the for sale page, I've heard you mention the power of your cen before @Chubaka its really the main reason I've even considered getting one (loved watching you play in the mud!) you made the truck look so dang FUN . then added in the benefit of hauling a trailer i was almost sold on one.
it seems the AVERAGE price on stock scx6 is going for around 5-600 the cen's so far are all factory fresh and no real reliable pricing, but there are ALLEDGEDLY going to be many for sale.
I'm only able to bring 1300 cash with me, so thats imiting me from going bonkers but id liketo bring back one or the other for sure. if posed with the choice which would you get and then use a base to improve for pulling stuff uphill?
Giving my scx10ii has more axle bite the ln the f450 I'd go scx6.

You can build a nice CEN 450 with $1200. The SCX6 is that much new, whereas the 450 is much cheaper.

So iwould be better off getting the 6? Then upgrading that if necessary as I would get more bang for the buck?
They are two different vehicles. One is a big 1/10 and the other is a 1/6. The SCX6 would be more capable pulling a big trailer for sure. And parts would likely be a lot more durable. Chewy's pulled a lot of weight, but you are pulling uphill. So that would maybe have me leaning towards the SCX6.

You can build a nice CEN 450 with $1200. The SCX6 is that much new, whereas the 450 is much cheaper.
I grabbed my SCX6 for $850 sweet deal, have seen it for less than $1000.00 on Horizon's site during the holidays. If your patient you can find deals, I had to save for a year to get mine but glad I didn't just impulse buy it.

I grabbed my SCX6 for $850 sweet deal, have seen it for less than $1000.00 on Horizon's site during the holidays. If your patient you can find deals, I had to save for a year to get mine but glad I didn't just impulse buy it.
Glad I don't have the cash to impulse buy it. 😅

i want something i can have funb with i dont know what I'm going to get yet.. fml lol

Last edited:
Back