Want to buy an airbrush!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroRC4Life

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, i am looking into buying a nice airbrush.. My already have 2 compressors, one is a huge one that stays in my garage permanently, and the other you can pick up and carry it to a different place. Both are at least up to 100 PSI, but the big one has A LOT of power. I was wondering what a regulator is, and where to get one. I am looking on ebay right now at buying an Iwata HP-CS that comes with a free hose for $120, is that a good price? and from reading other threads on here if i buy that all I need after is a moisture trap, and the regulator. I just need to know where to get those and I may pick up the brush soon! Thanks in advance!

http://cgi.ebay.com/AIRBRUSH-MINI-A...Spray-Gun-/190423609643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

A regulator will be a knob and a guage that let you adjust how much pressure it puts out continuously....Your compressors might have one already.

This might take care of you in both ways.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Airbrush-Compre...32814583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_3098wt_1137

the second one you posted i literally just looked at on ebay when i did a search for one, tomorrow I'm gonna check the mini one which i will be using outside where i want to paint and see if it has one, if not ill pick one up because there cheap! Thanks Lloyd

is this brush hard to use for a first timer, NCNitro we need you!!!

I have an in-line moisture trap attached to the regulator that is mounted to my 3 gal portable compressor.

I have an in-line moisture trap attached to the regulator that is mounted to my 3 gal portable compressor.

any pics, prices?? where did u get it?

Here is the in-line I have, but I certainly didn't pay that much for it.

http://www.amazon.com/50-051-Moistu...=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1282190701&sr=8-12

In my opinion you are better off with a moisture trap that is attached to your compressor. The less you have hanging off your airbrush the better. It's hard enough getting inside a body with the brush.

I will go take a pic of what I am talking about and post it.

Here is my setup.

1airbrush001.jpg

i was just talking to my dad, and the big compress already has a regulator and moisture trap on it. Also it has about a 200 ft retractable hose on it, so all i need is the brush. How good is that, my dads got stuff that I'm looking at on ebay right now, hahahah.

Nice!

Now you can put all your $$ towards the airbrush.

Nice!

Now you can put all your $$ towards the airbrush.

YESS!! i am at $40 right now that i have in my wallet, so i may work some this weekend and next week, i also have $30 in my paypal so i may sell something like xbox games or something to put me at that, then i need to get some paint, and some lexan pieces to test it on! I can't wait, maybe Joe will have some competition this year! haha :hehe:

Get the Iwata, you will not be disappointed. A dual action bruch can be a little tricky for a beginner, but imo it is the only way to go. You push down to control the air, and pull back to control paint flow. Just practice a little and you'll get it. But I highly recomend the Iwata brush.

Get the Iwata, you will not be disappointed. A dual action bruch can be a little tricky for a beginner, but imo it is the only way to go. You push down to control the air, and pull back to control paint flow. Just practice a little and you'll get it. But I highly recomend the Iwata brush.

Yea, i am definitely getting the Iwata, just I have to save up a little bit. Once I get $120 I'm buying it and starting to just practice on lexan pieces. Then when I get it, ill need help on what PSI to use, and what paint is the best and stuff like that.

This is the one I use on my Iwata brush and it seems to be pretty good. Almost acts like a pistol grip for the brush at the same time ;-) It's only @ 1.5" long...maybe 2". Works pretty well for me...but I'm a nub at painting...so you know. It has not gotten in my way as of yet, but I haven't really done much fine detail work either.

heres my setup that i have right now.

This is the regulator/moisture trap on the big air compressor
2a5c9634.jpg

And this is the little one with a built in regulator on the front of it, so i would need to buy a moisture trap for it
98f1412c.jpg

..both need a little dusting though haha :D

Yep just pick up that trap and you will be good.

That Husky looks like the same unit I have.

The dust adds character and should never be cleaned off. Mine is actually also coated in over spray.

Back