Veteran roll call

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But seriously, maybe I didn't share enough for a banner?

Was stationed in 29 palms, with 2/7.
Did the 31st (dirty-worst) MEU, humbled the US army, and made a bunch of Aussie friends. Spent a couple weeks in what was then a combat zone in the Philippines. Conducted some operations with the Filipino Marines, captured a MILF key leader. (Yes, we were after the MILF)

Did the work up for Afghanistan, and Mojave Viper right before I was getting out. Helped train a bunch of young Marines for combat, out of which there were zero KIAs, so I call that a win.

The 41 suicides that followed were the real loss.

Semper fuh.

But seriously, maybe I didn't share enough for a banner?

Was stationed in 29 palms, with 2/7.
Did the 31st (dirty-worst) MEU, humbled the US army, and made a bunch of Aussie friends. Spent a couple weeks in what was then a combat zone in the Philippines. Conducted some operations with the Filipino Marines, captured a MILF key leader. (Yes, we were after the MILF)

Did the work up for Afghanistan, and Mojave Viper right before I was getting out. Helped train a bunch of young Marines for combat, out of which there were zero KIAs, so I call that a win.

The 41 suicides that followed were the real loss.

Semper fuh.
How many boxes of crayons have you eaten? Which is your favorite color flavor?

Last edited:
i was a turd chaser (hull technician) on the USS Wasp LHD-1 out of Norfolk, VA. i was in from Feb 01 - Feb 05. did 2 med cruises, war on terror, and got my shellback. Hoo-ra
Thanks for your service. @WoodiE should be along to give you your badge.

US Army vet. Was Active Duty from 2010 to 2014. 1 deployment to Iraq during Operation New Dawn. My MOS was 25N, networking.

Thank you for your service @Armysolo. I was a 64C, motor vehicle operator. Semi's in Germany but got lucky also and was Ft. Ritchie MD. post commander's personal driver. Awesome duty.

Back