Vanquish Fordyce - Transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fix14wd

RCTalk Qualifier
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Just wtf does all this mean??
All I want to do is adjust the throttle so it doesn’t launch when I hit reverse…

IMG_9087.jpeg

The abbreviation glossary tells you what everything is. Looks like you press the select button to cycle through the functions, then you press the +/- button to cycle through the features to adjust them. Standard ESC programming steps. Can you find any videos for your transmitter?

If nothing else, call Vanquish.

Are you able to adjust your esc? If so, you should be able to turn down your reverse speed. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the stock Fordyce electronics

I should've probably posted this in the electronics section, sorry.

There are buttons on the side of the transmitter for the steering and throttle trims, so I don't know why there is a setting for it in the display. But I think I have those adjusted where I'm happy with for now.
Not sure what the EPA is for and don't know what EXPO means... Looking into those.

And I don't believe I can adjust the ESC.

I should've probably posted this in the electronics section, sorry.

There are buttons on the side of the transmitter for the steering and throttle trims, so I don't know why there is a setting for it in the display. But I think I have those adjusted where I'm happy with for now.
Not sure what the EPA is for and don't know what EXPO means... Looking into those.

And I don't believe I can adjust the ESC.
The EPA is end point adjustment. When you turn your steering knob all the way, your servo will travel to its extents. If linkage prevents it from doing so, you can burn up your servo easily by putting it in a bind. So it's very important to adjust this. Super important on crawlers, especially if not running a servo saver. And who runs servo savers on crawlers 😜

Here is how I set end points for a steering servo, but it is the same for the throttle servo on a nitro...
  1. I set the endpoint setting for the channel I want to adjust to its lowest setting.
  2. I turn the wheel all the way right and hold it.
  3. While holding, I crank the endpoint setting up until I don't see any steering linkage movement.
  4. Then I back off a couple clicks.
  5. Turn the wheel left and repeat.
EXP is the curve of the channel you are adjusting. So for the throttle, the stock setting is typically just a straight line. Like this...
Untitled58_20240127124750.png

This means if you were to pull the trigger 25% of the way, your servo will travel that direction 25% of its travel.

Now, if you wanted to use EXP to adjust the throttle to be softer in the beginning of the trigger's travel, you would have something like this.
Untitled58_20240127124919.png

So you can see that at 25% trigger pull, the servo travels much less, meaning you will have a little easier launch, like say for a drag car, or something that is wheelie happy.

The ideal setting is straight, if you can learn to feather your controls properly that is. But I have found EXP to be useful from time to time. Especially when my son was learning to drive faster RC's. It can help you with both throttle and steering fine tuning.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks so much for the info! That's what I'm trying to do with the throttle, make it a lighter response to the initial pull of the trigger. Really wanting to get it for the reverse pull, it seems like it hits WOT immediately. Probably more me that the transmitter, but I need a little help till I get better finger control.

You're welcome.

Punch is an ESC setting that can help with that as well, but I'm not seeing that setting in your diagram above. That's the thing with RTR electronics. They typically leave a lot to be desired when it comes to fine tuning.

This being a Vanquish RC, I find it odd the ESC doesn't have some more features. Maybe give them a call and ask if there is a way other than EXP to tune the reverse speeds.

Ultimately you may want to grab a better ESC.

Last edited:
Back