under $200

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penalty333

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
looking for an electric rc that is under 200 and its not smaller than 1/18 scale i want it to be decent quality but what are your thoughts/ suggestions?

looking for an electric rc that is under 200 and its not smaller than 1/18 scale i want it to be decent quality but what are your thoughts/ suggestions?

What kind of R/C are you looking for, on-road, off-road, car, truck, short course?

There are a number of great R/C's out there within your budget, really just depends on what you are looking for and where you'll be driving it.

What kind of R/C are you looking for, on-road, off-road, car, truck, short course?

There are a number of great R/C's out there within your budget, really just depends on what you are looking for and where you'll be driving it.

It will be an off road but ill use it in the house and like on pavement. Just to have fun with

The short course trucks are about the cheapest bashers out that are worth messing with imo. The traxxas slash, 2wd, can be had for real cheap and are very very durable. Super easy to find replacement parts and upgrades for them too.

Check out the Electrix cars/trucks.....The Circuit, Boost or Ruckus. All about $120 - $130 with everything included in the box. You would have money left over for a decent nimh/lipo charger.

For about 300 I got a new losi 1/10 xxx-scb. 250 shipped. 20 for a battery, 40 for lipo/nimh charger. Obviously this is a bit over your budget, but there are other name brand cars you can get. Parts for off brands will bite you in the ass because no matter what you buy or how much you spend you will break something.

what about these

Slash 2wd

stampede 2wd

rustler

duratrax evader

which one would be the best

The only one that I would recommend against is the The Duratrax Evader because of a lack of parts. Of the rest, I say go with the Slash.

My neighbor has a Rustler (aka rusty) and it is a fun car. He has the nitro, but still very similar to the eletric. The VXL blushless line are pretty darn fast (and most/all water resistant). Even if you go with a non vxl you can upgrade to this later for about $100 or so. HIGHLY recommend the rusty, its a "do a little of everything" car. That's the good, the cons would be its a stadium truck and right now Short courses are all the rage so if you ever go to a track and get into racing you may have a less likely chance of finding others to run with. I personally love my stadium trucks. Their disign makes them very stable at high speeds and turning, they just lack the realism that many are looking for. If you want a closed wheel SCT then the slash would be a good one to go. They have alot of people who love them and lots of parts (replacement and upgrades) are available at nearly any hobby shop imaginable. The pede would be a good lower speed play around on small jumps and off road fun toy option. They have their following and are nice little trucks, they just dont appeal to me. I have my savage for offroad and stupid airborne ventures and my stadium for playing in the streets and dirt and the SCT for dirt and any other turf i wanna try.