best beginner hydroplane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oreo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
i want to get into rc hydroplane i want to buy one under 350 ? any suggestion I'm interested in gas and electric

Welcome in @oreo , I have zero experience with RC hydroplanes but I have seen that ebay has several under $350 but keep in mind, at that budget of $350, it's probably not going to get you anything large scale.
I hope you find something that works for you and have fun with it.

I LOVE my zippkits outrigger, the JAE33FE. They are the fastest boat you can get. riggers are just minimalist hydroplanes. you have to build them yourself though but it isnt all that difficult. it took me about 4-5 days (mostly waiting for glue to dry). They rip pretty hard. like hitting over 100mph if you do a youtube search. with a flycolor 150A esc and a like a rocket RC motor they are right around $350 to build.

I'm sure you want a ready to run though. the only one is the proboat UL-19 which they discontinued because horizon hobbies sucks. that boat was badass and beautiful and popular. IDK why in the hell they would discontinue it.

the other option is the build a fiberglass hull. go to offshore electric and look for delta force hulls.

For a first hydro I would say find a Aquacraft Miss Vegas Deuce Deuce nitro.
They are very good boats with great simple running gear.
Usually around 300 to 400 USD