trx ips crankshaft, vs. pro.15 crankshaft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEnItRo1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys, i broke 2 crankshafts in 2 trx pro .15 engines. i was wondering if the trx ips crankshaft is the same size as the 1 in the pro .15, bc it says its for the 2.5, so I'm wondering if it will fit.

or should i just get a new faster engine? or do the traxxas power up thingy.
money is definitly an issue. lol

you put a 3.3 in that thing and she would ripp with that gearing in the tranny!!! or even the 2.5r would be an inprovement!! with the 3.3 I would recomend getting a davis deisel con-rod and installing that when you go to seel the engine when you get it!!! thats the only issue I have had with the 3.3's is the conrod is the same as the 2.5 uses.. I have a classic tmaxx that came with a 2.5 and I put a 3.3 on it and that thing screams!!!

you put a 3.3 in that thing and she would ripp with that gearing in the tranny!!! or even the 2.5r would be an inprovement!! with the 3.3 I would recomend getting a davis deisel con-rod and installing that when you go to seel the engine when you get it!!! thats the only issue I have had with the 3.3's is the conrod is the same as the 2.5 uses.. I have a classic tmaxx that came with a 2.5 and I put a 3.3 on it and that thing screams!!!

ik, but money is a big issue!

The 2.5 crankshaft will not fit the Pro.15 engine.

ebay brother id just trade in your pro for a 2.5 your going to keep throw good money into that engine or the 3.3 but its about 30 bucks more

thats what I was saying but he said money was kinda an issue at the moment.

i hear ya at least you got wht u needed