Traxxas Slayer!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:angry::angry::angry:SHUT UP MAN!!! YOU SUCK!!:angry::angry::angry:

yeah... I didn't go to the website. It does appear to say 4WD in big bold letters there doesn't it?

Oh... and Cupooterluvr did say 4wd...

READING IS FOR LOSERS!!!

Actually, after perusing their site, it's just a short armed 3.3 revo with different bumpers and body! WTH!?!?!?

Traxxas went and pulled a Losi on us!

LST2... no, it's an AFTERSHOCK... wait, no, it's a SUPER BUGGY... hold on, it's a RAMINATOR!!!!

Bastards! Now I want a stupid REVO AGAIN!!!
relax my man, i was breaking your b@ll$, no need to get your panties in a bunch

I never liked the Revo due to it's low stance with the wheels sticking way out away from the body, but this I LIKE! Now I just have to wait until used ones hit the market :\

Traxxas went and pulled a Losi on us!

IMO Traxxas is the king of the remakes.....T-Maxx, T-Maxx 2.5, T-Maxx 2.5r, T-Maxx 3.3......E-Maxx, new E-Maxx...Hey, heres some grey plastic.....Lets put a core truck body and new bumpers on a Stampede LOL

I think Losi learned from Traxxas.

IMO Traxxas is the king of the remakes.....T-Maxx, T-Maxx 2.5, T-Maxx 2.5r, T-Maxx 3.3......E-Maxx, new E-Maxx...Hey, heres some grey plastic.....Lets put a core truck body and new bumpers on a Stampede LOL

Dont forget new T-Maxx 3.3

How many ways can you say it. If it aint broke, dont fix it..... If you're on a good thing, stick to it!
You could start listing Savages, Ofna in general, Tamiya.
You have a good product and make small changes, hopefully improvements. Traxxas stumbled on a winner with the Slash, and some smartass said, "jeez that'd work well in nitro" so they bred it with another winner and got the 'Slayer'
When you sell 1000 hamburgers a day and the market drops, you dont sell seaweed burgers, you just put bacon with it!!!!!!
I LOVE IT.....

Do you blame them. A lot of $$ is spent on R&D to develop their rigs. They need to milk it for all they are worth. Just like 1:1 cars every model year, they make a few improvements and release a new one. As long as they sell, this will continue.

For the record, the Slash is not a Stampede/Rustler/Bandit with a core truck body on it. It does share some parts, but the chassis is all new.

Also, lets not forget that Traxxas and the first T-Maxx pretty much single handedly made the hobby into what it is today.

As far as Losi goes, the RTR market is where the $$ is at. Of course they are going to follow the leader.

I personally love my Slash so I think that if I can get my wife to allow me to get a Nitro truck...It should be the Slayer. Now...I just need to find a way to come up with the money LOL

New Traxxas Slayer YouTube Videos

i just picked up my Slayer last Wednesday. what a fun truck to drive! it has little bit of a soft suspension when you get it stock. it's basically a short armed REVO 3.3. but i think it handles much differently. i haven't driven a REVO yet to compare. :D

here are some vids i made:

Slayer Break In​

Slayer Asphalt/Dirt Trials​

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice videos!! Looks like the Slayer is a pretty fast truck, might take a little more skill to keep all 4 on the ground, I better stick with my Revo :D

It is not a short armed Revo 3.3. It is actually a short armed Revo 2.5R. The wheelbase on a 3.3 is 13.7" while the Slayer is 12.7" which matches the original Revo.

Looks like the Tekno Brushless Conversion Kit for the Revo should work for the Slayer.

Since this is the case, I could conceivably pick-up the arms, hubs, drive shafts, tires and body for a Slayer and put them on my converted Revo 2.5R chassis and have a whole new rig.

I will have to keep an eye out for Slayer parts when the ebay guys part them out like they always do.

What ????????

Anyone rember these suckers by XTM kind of reminds me of them. This is out of a old hobby people add I have been saving for probally 3 or 4 years lol, maby more I dont know. I think it has the same feel about it though.
IMG-7.jpg

What ???????? I don't get it????

That is cool, I may have to get one. That would be anawesome race class.

Yes I agree this would be a great class.I would like to try one.With these rubbins racin!

buggy tires on a revo? hell of a price tag:angry:

That was a great video! Thanks for sharing. Makes me want one even more now!

That was a great video! Thanks for sharing. Makes me want one even more now!

thanks for checking it out! i just read somebody picked one up on e-bay for $400 not driven. lucky! i spent around $500 :\ (but i was the first one at the track with it...)

Here's another vid. it's got slashes too!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NitAoNzATtw"]Slayer Slash Bash[/ame]