Tmaxx Freeks Baja 5B "RE" Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounding great!

So uh..... wanna trade? PLEASE

What ya got...........LOL:p:

LOL i like them better after they hatch!!!

---------- Post added at 8:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:02 PM ----------

So here is how it sets now, the fly sky is installed and set up,got everything adjusted, still no run time yet hopefully when the weather gets better. The last picture shows a cheap way of keeping the fumes out of the house.....:hehe:

photobucket-4875-1327366311544.jpg

photobucket-5135-1327366341195.jpg

photobucket-3613-1327367049844.jpg

I can probably say, this will go no where, if it wouldnt go thru plugs i would just let it sit and idle all day......:p:

daaaam looks good .Now ia am mad makes me want to get my FG going.Haven't touched it in 2 yrs . well i start it every once in awhile.need the disk breaks fixed and a steering servo.and receiver mine cought on fire..not so long story .Dam son of mine

Finally got my feet wet with 1/5 scale, but i have a few questions, is it better to run the 8000 RPM clutch as a basher, I'm not sure i like it, everytime the car would take off it was spinning like crazy, of course the tires on the rear are shot, so that could be the problem, next is, whats the best "budget" throttle servo, the one i put on it was one i took off one of my cars, hadnt been used alot, just seemed slow as far as coming off the throttle. Now the good news I HAVE VIDEO!!!! couldnt really do much with the slick tires but it was still a BLAST!!! the video was took with my droid so not the best quality, the car is at factory settings and I'm sure its still running WAY rich by the sound.

th_photobucket-5050-1327448368618.jpg

Whether you use the 6K or 8K spring on the clutch is depending on the surface you are running on. 8K spring works best on a high bite surface such as most dirt tracks. Surface you were on looks a little slick so you would have to feather the throttle slightly if you are using the 8K spring.

Hitec 5645MG or similar is a good T/B servo.

You are correct about being a tad rich.

The grass was dry but man it was slick, So i should adjust the low speed needle first?

High first. You want it to have no signs of it sounding like it's bogging.

If it hesitates at launch, then you will need to adjust the low slightly. Keep in mind that adjusting the low will affect the idle speed.

Ok ,Thanks Rob, i hope to get some new tires for the rear, i have the stock set but the middle pins are shot so i think ill put a new set on the back, What would you recommend for grass and hard dirt? I was looking at the badlands.

Badlands are a good all around tire.

I hadnt seen this til now, looks good man.

Thanks Bro, Took me a while but i finally got it dialed in.

Back