Tmaxx Freeks Baja 5B "RE" Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i need some advice, i am thinking of making my own window kit for my 5b, i work for a roofing company and have access to all sorts of flat stock, brushed aluminum, high polished stainless, and ALL colors of painted steel, i know most of this would add weight to my car, but I'm not that concerned with that, should i use the mirrored stainless, brushed aluminum, diamond plate maybe.....any ideas would be a great help.

I think brushed aluminum always looks good on almost anything. Diamond plate would look odd, but mirrored stainless wouldn't be bad either. I choose brushed aluminum.

thats kinda what i was leaning towards, i will probably make a pattern and keep it around for further use just in case i wanna do some in color.

thats kinda what i was leaning towards, i will probably make a pattern and keep it around for further use just in case i wanna do some in color.

Tmaxx, I have the template file for windows here somewhere if you're interested. Just print em, stick 'em and cut 'em. A few of us have made our own windows.

that would be great! make things alot faster and easier....Thanks!

My new engine and aluminum chassis parts are 3 hours from me :jittery: and i can't get my hands on them.......:wtf: UPS:whip:

ITS HERE!!!!!!
Got my power plant from ROB today, Man What a Great Guy to deal with, shipping fast, and it was even double boxed...THANKS ROB!!!

I will certainly be spending some time on the 5B this weekend.

photobucket-2265-1325810077084.jpg

you mean the killer bee?

WOOOHOOO finally got some "wrench" time on the 5B tonight, I have to say i absolutely love this thing,everything is so much easier to work on compared to the nitro side, of course i wear a 4xl glove so i dont have tiny hands to say the least, but here is how she sits now, its time to have the Wii experience with the family. Hopefully it will be together tomorrow, or sunday.

photobucket-1373-1326499717020.jpg

i guess no one is watching this thread...but I'm gonna post anyway......LOL.
I got some more time on the baja tonight and boy did this guy have the linkage
all Flubbed up, got it all straight, waiting on the spacers to come in for the motor mounts and ill be ready to break the engine in, still have to order the killer bee, unless someone here has one they would part with.

photobucket-692-1326769043923.jpg

Damn you're making a lot of progress really quick! The truck is coming out great so far

Thanks Nitro, if i can get the rest of my parts i should be done soon, LHS dont really stock what i need so i have to order and wait.

I can't find a killer be anywhere on ebay i guess ill have to order a new one from Killer RC.

...still have to order the killer bee, unless someone here has one they would part with.

Good luck finding a used KillerRC kill switch, these things are awesome, work perfectly, and should be required on all large scale RC's - because of that, those that have one don't get rid of them - only more of them for their other large scale RC's. :D

Did you strip that chassis yourself?

Good luck finding a used KillerRC kill switch, these things are awesome, work perfectly, and should be required on all large scale RC's - because of that, those that have one don't get rid of them - only more of them for their other large scale RC's. :D

Did you strip that chassis yourself?

i figured the used Killer bee would be hard to find, i will order one soon, but until then, i can work out all tweaks in the car and get it ready to go, The Chassis was already stripped when i got the car, the previous owner must have stripped it down, there were still a few spots of ANO on it when i tore it down.

I have 2 factory bodies for this, how can i repaint one of them? will the factory paint strip off, i know painting the outside wont last, or should i just buy a clear body and paint it how i want it?

i figured the used Killer bee would be hard to find, i will order one soon, but until then, i can work out all tweaks in the car and get it ready to go, The Chassis was already stripped when i got the car, the previous owner must have stripped it down, there were still a few spots of ANO on it when i tore it down.

I have 2 factory bodies for this, how can i repaint one of them? will the factory paint strip off, i know painting the outside wont last, or should i just buy a clear body and paint it how i want it?

You can strip the paint off of a body. You have to use like a special brake cleaner, but I think it would be much easier just buying a new clear body.

Does anyone see anything wrong in this picture......:hehe:

i made my first mistake on the Baja, If you notice the Rear Arms they are on the wrong side:p:.....No biggie took just a few minutes to turn them back around, i just wish i would have noticed it before the exhaust was mounted.:hehe:

Back