Tmaxx Freeks Baja 5B "RE" Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your roll cage support is on backwards as well.

Crapola!!!!!LOL guess ill switch that around tomorrow.

Its all together....

photobucket-4505-1326938940985.jpg

It finally looks like a 5B again, after finishing at 2am this morning. Still need the Kill Switch and a few screws that were missing here and there, but nothing that kept it from being completed.

Looking good.

Get some Outwears for the air filter and pull start.

It's still missing something....

Bad Horsie Shock socks.

i will get the "extras" as i go, the outter wares will be right after the kill switch....lol and the 2 rear shocks leak so i have to rebuild them before the shock socks go on. I'm not gonna put gas in it until i get the kill switch though because if i start it it will be more than just an idle.....lol:D

In all my years in 5th scale, I have yet to use a remote kill switch.

everyone tells me i need one, but if i set up the failsafe correctly that should stop it, i would imagine

I'm not telling you either way, just that I have never used one and probably never will.

I would point out that I use a quality radio setup using Futaba 2.4ghz FASST. I would also trust the a similar setup by Airtronics or KO. I would never trust Spektrum and if I was forced to use it, I would be running a kill switch.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

If you happen to be ordering from DDM before this Sun, DDM is having a 15% off sale.

As we have done the last few January's, we are offering a 15% off sale for a few days. The sale will remain active through Sunday, Jan 22nd.

The coupon code is "jan12" and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon or discount.

Thanks for your business and support!

-DDM

Mine has a spektrum system on it but i will be installing my fsgt3B on it, cheap system but i havent had any problems with it.

Last edited:
Bottom line when running 5th scales is to be safe. Don't run around other people especially kids. Don't run around cars like in streets or parking lots. They need a nice open area to run.

Also always check your RX failsafe or kill switch if you use one at the start of the day.

If you do not at least have a built-in failsafe in your RX/TX setup, a kill switch is a must.

i will mainly be running in a football field, fenced in so it can't get too far from me before it stops, and the failsafe works great on my tx/rx

Last edited:
+1 to Rob about running in space. It's almost a most to really enjoy them.

If you run a spectrum, make sure you stay on "higher" ground than the baja. When I had my spectrum it would lose the signal at that point.

If you need a kill switch let me know. I have an older killer bee set up but it works just fine.

let me know what you want for it. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Looks like you've got yourself a nice little B there. They're a lot of fun! I look forward to hearing how she does first time out.

I'm hoping to break the engine in this weekend, and hopefully everything will go Good with it, What is about 1 tank before it can be ripped on?

In all my stock 26's, it was more like 1 minute. LOL

LOL so just start up and Rip it huh? My luck something would turn loose but if its going to it will either way i guess.

The manual says for one tank to take it easy. I managed to do the one tank but it was killing me. LOL. Congrats on taking the big step and getting it done the way you wanted it done. Enjoy your new rig.

Its alive!!!!!!!!

Just thought i would share this with you guys, not sure if you can even see it but you sure can hear it.:D

th_photobucket-1911-1327274856068.jpg

Back