The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap alpline bought doughnuts. I thought you didn't like doughnuts?

I don't. Just got back from 2 weeks of leave and had to have a sit down with my officers. Figured I'd give them something to eat before I chew on their asses about some stuff I'm not happy with that went on on my shift while I was gone.

I don't. Just got back from 2 weeks of leave and had to have a sit down with my officers. Figured I'd give them something to eat before I chew on their asses about some stuff I'm not happy with that went on on my shift while I was gone.

Gotcha, had me wondering for a minute. Two weeks off sounds like the greatest thing in the world right now. Five more weeks of tax season and life goes back to whatever normal is.

So, Alpine, by the time their asses were effectively chewed, did you then issue inflatable donuts to sit on in the car? :)
now thats just funny right there...

I found a T-shirt for you Alpine!
10404460_850252051687702_1568537917531471191_n.jpg

So, Alpine, by the time their asses were effectively chewed, did you then issue inflatable donuts to sit on in the car? :)
I was going to say the same thing. Great minds run in the same gutter, @Rolex.

Nah, they just need to pump up the lumbar support in the unit, put a lil arch in the back and they should be just fine.

I wish i could say that it was a vacation. My family owns/runs the local st patricks day parade (over 200k people this year, so its a pretty big event) and my leave this time of the year is to prepare for that.

Our website:
http://www.paradegroup.com/

Here is a link to the begining of the route.
http://www.wbrz.com/st-patrick-day-parade/

I spent my whole life in New York, and St. Patrick's day is a drunken holiday I DON'T miss, living down here.
A lot of bars even had a "Half Way to St. Patrick's day" drunken party sometime in September. One of the towns in the county I lived in has a 52% Irish population.
I have to admit, though, I sure do miss all those free meals of Corned Beef and Cabbage served up in O'Donahue's Tavern.
Unfortunately, from what I've heard, Kevin O'Donahue, only in his mid 50s, has retired from the family business due to liver cancer. That's what a daily over serving of Irish Whiskey will do to you.

Nah, they just need to pump up the lumbar support in the unit, put a lil arch in the back and they should be just fine.

I wish i could say that it was a vacation. My family owns/runs the local st patricks day parade (over 200k people this year, so its a pretty big event) and my leave this time of the year is to prepare for that.

Our website:
http://www.paradegroup.com/

Here is a link to the begining of the route.
http://www.wbrz.com/st-patrick-day-parade/

In that case, I'd rather be at work. That has to be pretty crazy trying to get everything ready for an event that size.

This year was the 30th year of the parade, so I have been involved since i was born. Its still a lot of work each year, but we have pretty much got it down now.

It's the pre-event research, planning and organising that really pays off the most. The sooner the planning starts, the easier it is..

I help organize a classic and vintage bicycle ride and the planning for the next year starts within a week of the event running. Dealing with a pack of riders of 90+ is difficult enough, organising a parade must be a nightmare given the need for road closures / traffic diversions, permits et-al.

Not the same I know, but I do know it can be time consuming, expensive and personnel heavy, which brings another set of problems all of it's own with the need for emergency stand in staff, communication andthe inability to just "enjoy" the event.

Last edited:
Got a SMOKING deal today. I think i did anyway.
I got this combo kit from a hardware store for $249 and they threw this in for free!

The deal is at Shannon Hardware in Broussard, La if anyone is close.

Got a SMOKING deal today. I think i did anyway.
I got this combo kit from a hardware store for $249 and they threw this in for free!

The deal is at Shannon Hardware in Broussard, La if anyone is close.

I might need to head out there. bout an hour 15 min from me.