The Crawl Chronicles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I look at your Gen 8 , the more I want one. Great looking rig. The wife and I use the Gen 7 and Everest 10. I'm a huge Redcat fan..

Looks awesome and a great looking place to crawl.
I live along the Snake river in Idaho and Oregon is just across the bridge. There is a ton of places to crawl out on the river rock.

View attachment 127785
I'm in southern NH and there are many good crawling spots. However, most spots are a decent drive away and/or comes with a lot of people. My "new" spot takes care of these big 2 drawbacks.

Last edited:
The more I look at your Gen 8 , the more I want one. Great looking rig. The wife and I use the Gen 7 and Everest 10. I'm a huge Redcat fan..
Redcat made a great choice with the Scout body, and I give them a lot of respect for listening to their customers with the V2.
Before committing to the Axial Jeep, I was contemplating whether to get the purple V2 instead.

I totally agree they listened to the customers. I think they awesome crawlers with plenty of after market parts.
I have the Tornado S30 also but it has been a total nightmare so I don't mess with it much but I'll always purchase Redcat products.

I'm in southern NH and there are many good crawling spots. However, most doors are a decent drive away and/or comes with a lot of people. My "new" spot takes care of these big 2 drawbacks.
Being retired has it's advantages, rarely do we see anybody unless we hit the motorcycle park and sand dunes.:D

It's hard not to go with a proven choice that you already own, but there are so many good brands, you want to try them all. :)

@Xraycer I am digging your new spot, hope I can get lucky and find something closer too.

I enjoy building my crawlers from the ground up and thats what the jeep truck I posted is. I really like that Gen 8 though and I definitely want a SCX10.

Middlesex Fells Reserve 6/12/21

Headed south of the border yesterday, into the Republik of Massachusetts, to a large forest reserve about 30 minutes away. I actually pass by this way on my commute to/from work. I brought along one of my crawlers but due to a technical difficulty I couldn't use it [I later on discovered that that the technical difficulty was just my brain power....or lack thereof. In any case, just too embarrassing to elaborate on]
Anyways, I proceeded to explore a small section of this vast reserve sans crawler. It would be just a hike today. Well, I wasn't disappointed. The small area I've explored thus far, is epic for crawling! The only downside is that there will be quite a bit of foot traffic. Not heavy, but enough for my preference. However, it will be worth it for the great terrain.
I plan to regularly come here on my way home from work. I figure I would get there before 3pm, so foot traffic should be light at this hour during the weekday.
0612211101.jpg
0612211104a.jpg

0612211107.jpg
0612211109.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, that's freaking brilliant!

What do you think the penalty, for being busted for that, would be? LOL

Middlesex Fells Reserve 6/12/21

Headed south of the border yesterday, into the Republik of Massachusetts, to a large forest reserve about 30 minutes away. I actually pass by this way on my commute to/from work. I brought along one of my crawlers but due to a technical difficulty I couldn't use it [I later on discovered that that the technical difficulty was just my brain power....or lack thereof. In any case, just too embarrassing to elaborate on]
Anyways, I proceeded to explore a small section of this vast reserve sans crawler. It would be just a hike today. Well, I wasn't disappointed. The small area I've explored thus far, is epic for crawling! The only downside is that there will be quite a bit of foot traffic. Not heavy, but enough for my preference. However, it will be worth it for the great terrain.
I plan to regularly come here on my way home from work. I figure I would get there before 3pm, so foot traffic should be light at this hour during the weekday.
View attachment 128073View attachment 128074
View attachment 128075View attachment 128076
Looks so similar to the place I usually go camping but I live in Colorado.

Peabody Town Forest 6/17/21

Ratt and Birdd's first time on the trail. Also, testing out new metal beadlock wheels up front.
0617211631a.jpg
0617211729a.jpg
0617211741c.jpg
0617211745a.jpg
0617211748a.jpg
0617211815a.jpg

0617211730e.jpg

I'm jealous of rat and birds playground. The new wheels loog good, are there only fronts because of how many screws there are? ;)

I'm jealous of rat and birds playground. The new wheels loog good, are there only fronts because of how many screws there are? ;)
Haha
Nah, I'm experimenting with weight distribution to find that ideal spot. Those beadlocks include 20 tiny screws for the outer rim. I said, screw it [pun intended], they look just fine with these tiny holes. It also comes with metal hub covers, which I'd left off while I'm experimenting.
The plastic wheels in the back came from the Wrangler. The foams are much too firm for the lightweight Wrangler, but they work better for the heavy Scout.
Here's a better look at the wheels
0617211811.jpg

Back