The Alien13 Flux HP build thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates on this monster? My brother just picked up a flux and I think the TCS XL tvps are going to be his first mod. Also were the hex adapters a direct fit or did they require some modding?

Any updates on this monster? My brother just picked up a flux and I think the TCS XL tvps are going to be his first mod. Also were the hex adapters a direct fit or did they require some modding?
I'd like to know that as well!

With little runtime since the build, I took it out today to the 1/3 mile oval racetrack to show off to the fans. This was the first real dirt outing. Had fun, until the pin from the hex adapter mod came out. No clue how, since the ring that is supposed to retain the pin is still in place. I'll be removing the hex mod, and reverting back to stock for now, until I can find a better solution.

I picked up a pair of those hexes and had some time to tear into the savage today. I got the c hubs and axles off and I don't like the way it's sitting on there. The stock axles are too short, so I'm thinking I need to replace them with the XL HD axles (hpi86249). But I can't figure out if those will fit the flux,I'm thinking they should. Sucks cause that's another $40, but I guess the money goes with this hobby.

They should fit, pretty much everything Savage is universal. That's the same plan I have, to use the XL axles.

this is what i use. tight,true,strong,they say that its hard on the bearings but there cheap,,,,,,,,Dig those trenchers!

Attachments

• smallhex.JPG
    smallhex.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 148
  • smalltrenchers.jpg
    smalltrenchers.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 133
XL axles arrived today, hopefully tomorrow night I can get them installed and put some new pics up!

The truck looks great, when are we going to see a video of this beast?

Soon, hopefully. Hard to operate a camera and a remote. Maybe I'll put the headband mount back on my Contour +2 and use that.

I have an itching to build a Flux myself. Be sure to let us know what your thoughts are on those axles.

I have an itching to build a Flux myself. Be sure to let us know what your thoughts are on those axles.

Haven't touched the Flux since I broke it back in August. Then I saw the new hexes and I wanted to get them, never really thought of it when I had the spare cash. Then I got my taxes, they were sold out everywhere. Then after I traded off the nitro Savage for the 5b, I wasn't sure if I would even fix the Flux anytime soon.

I miss it, so I decided it was time. I also have another project coming up, that'll get a build thread as soon as I can start getting parts for it.

Sorry, got lazy and never uploaded to pics!

Axles!
B6F64B88-42E0-4B11-B37B-2951843672C8_zpshkkynth5.jpg

New axles with Warlock hexes installed
70C609E5-15DE-4C41-9413-32EC5D62C978_zpsmwbpk5hw.jpg

Comparison (Only a tad wider)
FA253C8C-F845-45C1-A718-0FCD0C87C10D_zpsdt9gynln.jpg

Warlock hex ring. With the "Warlock" wheels you would flip it outward, without them I have it flipped inward. Adds a couple millimeters to the width anyway.
3E1A63FC-C7B4-4DE8-AB78-6CECAED066D9_zpsfayt3qng.jpg

Hard to see it, but these enclosed wheel nuts have an o-ring inside them. Also, because of the enclosed wheel nut, I have to use the above hex ring to keep from bottoming out the nut.
55D8460E-F55A-4FB4-9109-264C795536BB_zps5mr3nb0y.jpg

With the wheel mounted (Not a fan of the purple, but I'm too lazy to de-ano them)
9CAA5192-936A-436B-906A-C009F18E6277_zpsdh57dzxb.jpg

Just for show:
A1B92F1D-6522-4911-8E5C-77FC1D1636A0_zpso5vvdcth.jpg

More show
9E211FAF-D9F0-4015-A331-30048F11B5FF_zpsznkhd0ed.jpg

Ooh, how'd that get in there?
C5B994C6-AF61-4339-89CE-0B8C71C98F42_zpsmjgna5tm.jpg

Looks great man, I bet shes a crazy chaotic monster too!!
And I second the no bueno purple hexes, but I am sure youll get around to de-ano'ing them.