The Alien13 Flux HP build thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's about as done as it's getting for now. I threw a radio in it to test it, after roughing up the body a bit, I think I need to fine tune it a little. I can say that I will be wrecking something, whether it be a passing car, small child, large dog, who knows.

I have more decals ordered, and I still don't know what I want to add to it yet from my own stock, but here's what's done.

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

I did have to raise the body mounts two holes, and I'll probably go up another hole or two.

Things to do still:
Make skid plate
Make ESC plate for between TVPs
Shim diffs
Install lights
Replace suspension screws
Replace/De-anodize purple parts (If I can find them in red ano I'll be happy.)
Add 17mm hub adapters
Widen stance (Kinda iffy on that, I like the way it looks right now)
And anything else I may think of in the future. This remains to be an ongoing project.

That looks awesome! I never really thought about putting a SC body on a MT.

That looks awesome! I never really thought about putting a SC body on a MT.

It fits very well with the XL TVPs. I would probably have to cut a little more off the back for standard size.

Thats nice, the SC body set it off!!

Looking good! I would like to see what you plan to use for an esc mount. I also need to make one between the tvp's on my flux xl.

Looking good! I would like to see what you plan to use for an esc mount. I also need to make one between the tvp's on my flux xl.

On the TCS XL length TVPs, there is a set of holes just above the rear driveshaft. I pulled the motor plate from a Savage 25 I have sitting in parts. I'm going to use the cross bars from that, and just cut a piece of 1/8 aluminum flat stock from work. Same for the skid plate. TCS sells the stuff, but this shouldn't cost me more than a buck or so for material, and the parts manager will probably give me the stuff for free. We go through enough anyway, it won't really matter.

Tried to shim the diffs today. I hate trying to remove the factory screws. Those are rounded out, but I got them out. Got everything apart, discovered that the shims I have are the wrong ones, so now I sit with a useless Flux. Hopefully tomorrow I can order some new shims and it looks like I need oil too.

Funny how my X4.6 came with a bag of shims, but the Flux didn't. So much for consistency, right?

Placed my order for diff shims and oils today, should be here by the weekend!

Trying 30k rear, 50k front for now. From what I hear, that's a pretty good start.

Ordered the material for the roll cage too, so that part of the project should get started soon as well.

Still waiting on shims, also bought 17mm hub adapters/extensions on ebay a week ago, still waiting on those too. I did get my material for the roll cage today though.

Update!!!

Got my shims and oil today, so the diffs are shimmed, 30k in the rear, 50k in the front, with some Mobil Synthetic grease to keep them smooth on the bevel gear.
IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

Now not only is it longer than a Flux HP, it's WIDER too! RC8T 17mm adapters, widened the stance by an inch.
IMG_1346.jpg

And just to show off:
IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

The truck takes up a good portion of the Cow RC jumbo flat mat.

Still to do:
Make roll cage (I have the material, just need to get ambitious and start it.)
Make skid plate (Need time at work to make it)
Make ESC plate (Need time at work to make it)
Add lights (Thinking about integrating with roll cage)

I have the roll cage material, just been to lazy to start it. On vacation for a week, so I might get somewhere. I also cut the plates for the XL skid plate and ESC plate, need to check the fit, and I'm debating on actually bending the skid plate to match the TVP curves.

Great lookin savy 13 great job! And good god that rear diff looks bomb proof!

New skid plate is in:
IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

ESC relocation complete!
IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

After relocation of the ESC, the receiver wire was too short. After a run to the lhs to pick up a short extension, I put everything back together and tied it up nice and neat!
IMG_1417.jpg

Mini bash session today in the front yard. Wife wanted to drive her Stampede, so I figured I'd break some poop while she played. After my Sprint 2 Sport broke, I dragged out the big boy, did some jumps off of a makeshift ramp. Took out a tree branch, still landed it and drove away. Did a few flips and the only thing I broke was the hard cases for the batteries!

Thats awesome your wife is taking interest in the hobby, I would give anything for a wife like that, or a gamer wife at that.... Lookin good though man for sure.