The Alien13 Flux HP build thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those TVPs are probably the best investment a Savage owner could make. 5mm thick, with a "No Questions Asked" lifetime warranty. Bent, broke, or worn through from Rolex scrubbing too hard to remove the dirt, they are covered. And they are under $50 a set!

Are they the same length as the stock XL tvps?

Yes.

More parts came in today.

IMG_1270.jpg

Now I'm going to see if I can get the rest of the EC5 connectors done tonight.

Batteries and ESC soldered. These EC5 connectors aren't too bad to install once you get used to them.
IMG_1274.jpg

Today was project day! Sat down and started tearing into the Flux.

Getting everything organized
IMG_1280.jpg

One last look of what it used to be
IMG_1281.jpg

Skidplate and radio box off
IMG_1282.jpg

Front end...
IMG_1283.jpg

First fitting of the new TVPs
IMG_1285.jpg

Size difference
IMG_1286.jpg

Re-assembling
IMG_1287.jpg

From the front end to the motor
IMG_1288.jpg

All there, just need to add the other TVP!
IMG_1290.jpg

All together with the wheels and battery boxes
IMG_1293.jpg

Here's the body, I'm not tackling that one tonight.
IMG_1294.jpg

I started replacing screws. So far I just replaced the ones that needed to be replaced with it apart. I changed the pinion gear to an 18t, and put the hardened drive gear in the transmission. I still need to finish changing screws in the suspension and hubs. I need to add a receiver, paint the body, shim the diffs, and whatever else comes to mind as I continue.

More to come.....

Very cool! I'm loving this build. You have paint in mind?

Very cool! I'm loving this build. You have paint in mind?

I do. There's something I've been wanting to try, it just depends on how lazy I get when it comes time to do the work.

Let the body work begin! Starting work on the body now, cutting it for the right fit ought to be a real treat since I have to fit it around those gigantic tires!

Maybe it's just me, but I hate trimming bodys, it's so meticulous and can get very messy when using a dremel. Good luck with yours.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate trimming bodys, it's so meticulous and can get very messy when using a dremel. Good luck with yours.

It's a pain, but I'm not paying somebody else to do mine. I may not be a great painter, but I do take pride in the finished product.

And another update, I stopped and picked up some more paint today. Black, white, and red. You'll have to wait to see what combination it ends up in. :D

Body is mostly cut. I cut the actual design out, but I have to modify the fenders to keep it off the tires. Monday I'll probably order hub extenders to widen the stance and hopefully take the body off the tires.

IMG_1298.jpg

Finished cutting, fit's great!

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

Tomorrow I start the paint prep!

Swapped out the steering servo today, 333oz Hobbico from my X 4.6. Then I started the body:

IMG_1302.jpg

I hadn't been paying attention to this build but I am now. That wheel/tire combo with that body looks ....... well,awesome! Looking forward to seeing it completed :thumbup:

The paint work is done with the exception of the backing. I'm planning on finishIng that up after work. Then some decals, and maybe I'll show the finished body. All the work I've done, and I still can't drive it. I just need to drop a radio in, then it'll be driveable.

I also still have some screws to swap over. I changed the factory screws in the front/rear diff casings, and anything between the TVPs, but I never got to the suspension screws. I'm also planning on adding lights, but I have to remove those from another body first, and decide whether I want to mount them to the body, or to the truck itself.