Tekno RC SCT410 2.0 1/10th 4WD Short Course Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running the same esc in mine, and i also drilled new holes in the plate for mounting

Center Brace/Wire Routing

Dremel tool used to make extra opening, on center brace, for ESC's wires to pass through while on their way to the receiver. Wires are at that perfect spot for trial and error. I don't think I weakened the brace much/if at all. Time will tell.
IMG_20240221_182741063.jpg
IMG_20240223_182621748_HDR.jpg

I'm running the same esc in mine, and i also drilled new holes in the plate for mounting
I will be using 2S packs that have 5mm "tubes". I was trying to make sure I had enough battery wire length to reach back of battery tray. I'm not sure if my orientation of the ESC is the best way, but for now, it seems to be working out.

Last edited:
The gold washers are a nice touch, who makes those?

The gold washers are a nice touch, who makes those?
😜I normally don't do it. I like black on black/gray hardware, but I plan to run a yellow colored body this time around and the price for the gold bits/pieces was right. I originally ordered some from eBay.
1709117329999.png
1709117509632.png
1709119102671.png

IMG_20240228_055725659_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240228_055945115_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
👍i orederd an assortment in dark blue, i like a little accent colour!

Shock Length
What are the shock lengths eye to eye, and OD of the shock body?
As per the manual, the stock droop settings are 98mm/108mm. Well, built as per manual, I was on able to get the shocks 96.82mm (front) and 107.62mm (rear) eye to eye measurements... close enough :thumbs-up:. Shock bodies are 16.25mm at the threads.

Last edited:
Battery

Everyone says how heavy the 2.0 is, and having a battery with enough capacity/headroom is key to making a 10 minute run on the track. Hopefully, my chosen battery will be enough. CNHL had a promotion going on at Amazon, and the two CNHL packs that I used last year seemed good. Sooo...
1710782622891.png

Last edited:
Been looking into those types of packs. Once my old SMC 7200s give up.

But first I need to learn how to solder bullet plugs better.

Shock Length

As per the manual, the stock droop settings are 98mm/108mm. Well, built as per manual, I was on able to get the shocks 96.82mm (front) and 107.62mm (rear) eye to eye measurements... close enough :thumbs-up:. Shock bodies are 16.25mm at the threads.
Dang, those wouldn’t work for me then, I was looking at options to replace the shocks on my xterminator nitro buggy. But they seem like the diameter is pretty close, and the rears would work on the front. Well now that I measure these shocks, those probably could work…….. Thanks!

Steering Stop Screws

Having lots of steering is always nice, but that last little bit of steering throw, on the SCT410 2.0, has very little leverage on the inside tire while going into a turn. This allows inside wheel/tire rubbing on my 2.0's arm. The 2.0 manual does not suggest, nor does the kit come with, any steering stops (screws) to physically control that last little bit of movement of the inside spindle/steering block. There is a molding mark on the spindle and I though it would be a great place to add a M3x6mm button head screw.

Edit: To further explain why I felt the need to add the steering stop screws can be found HERE.
Steering Stops-vert.jpg

Last edited:
Steering Stop Screws

Having lots of steering is always nice, but that last little bit of steering throw, on the SCT410 2.0, has very little leverage on the inside tire while going into a turn. This allows inside wheel/tire rubbing on my 2.0's arm. The 2.0 manual does not suggest, nor does the kit come with, any steering stops (screws) to physically control that last little bit of movement of the inside spindle/steering block. There is a molding mark on the spindle and I though it would be a great place to add a M3x6mm button head screw.
View attachment 185288
Do you not have your endpoints on your servo set?

Been looking into those types of packs. Once my old SMC 7200s give up.

But first I need to learn how to solder bullet plugs better.
A soldering job doesn't get any easy than what is needed for these connectors.
Just tin both the connector's cup, and wire, then lay the wire in the cup. Give 'er some heat and solder... good to go.
A third hand is always helpful though. Slide heatsink/cap on, and lock into place with set screw.
1710783175490.png

Back