Tekno RC SCT410 2.0 1/10th 4WD Short Course Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finally getting my 410sl dialed in and now your tempting me with another. lol, might have to sell the TLR.

I was thinking hard about selling my 410.3, but if I can't get what want for it, I keep it for next season. I've been in daze the past few days; not checking out people thoughts on the 2.0 SCT. I'm sure a lot will be cranky with the ABCD blocks, shocks, and motor mount.

I would like to see a track comparison on the 410 2.0 and 410sl.

It has arrived!

IMG_2764.jpeg

great activity with the kid. wife says that kind of work is good for their brains and coordination.

Building it with my 4 year old helping. Slow and steady!
Sweet kit so far!

View attachment 173758
I'll have to admit, your pictures got my juices flowing. I tried to hold off looking at everyone's build, and focus on what I have already. The wife told me to just order the darn thing already... what's she up to 🤔 🤣?

I'll have to admit, your pictures got my juices flowing. I tried to hold off looking at everyone's build, and focus on what I have already. The wife told me to just order the darn thing already... what's she up to 🤔 🤣?
Haha mine said the same!
She has a camera addiction so I know what she’s up too! 😂

Glad i could help feed your addiction!
Your welcome

It did indeed. Are they known to cause problems?
Huh…… they muscled up on the drivetrain but kept the plastic cross pins…… I have not personally used them but I only have the 1/8 buggy, and those have the steel pins. I remember when I built mine I read somewhere in the db48 conversion stuff that the plastic pins may have broken under 1/8th power. I’m pretty sure the guy was running a TPpower motor which was probably fit for a truggy. Like a crazy big motor and 2.8 mt tires though. I can’t remember all the details.
looking through the manual, if you want steel or even aluminum cross pins, you might have to get optional internal gears as well, perhaps the ones in the kit are only compatible with the plastic and not the ( seemingly larger) metal pins. 🤷
For another $45-50 in cross pins and bevel gears….. I suppose we will wait and see. I’ll check out Delong’s 410.3 build and see if he had durability issues.

One step at a time…
Ignore the amazon servo, the one i was planning on running was too tall to fit. Heading to local(ish) shop today to see if they have something better.
Thinking about a Savox SB-2274SG, anyone use one of those?

IMG_2772.jpeg

Savox is decent, I have not used that one personally. If I was you……. Go direct power servo And never look back
For about $60 from nsdrc, you can get the rs500, it’s what I use in the db48 and it’s great. For $60 on amazon you can get the flashhobby 60kg which I use in my crawlers, but I don’t know if it’s quite fast enough for an sct platform. It sure is strong though. It will strip aluminum servo horns if they are not clamped down.

Savox is decent, I have not used that one personally. If I was you……. Go direct power servo And never look back
For about $60 from nsdrc, you can get the rs500, it’s what I use in the db48 and it’s great. For $60 on amazon you can get the flashhobby 60kg which I use in my crawlers, but I don’t know if it’s quite fast enough for an sct platform. It sure is strong though. It will strip aluminum servo horns if they are not clamped down.
I use direct power servo’s in my crawlers. They are strong for sure, but the ones i have are not that fast. Ill do some digging on whats out there.
Also, i believe most direct power servos are geared towards 3s-4s use. Most I've seen list 8.4v as minimum. Ill be running this truck primarily on 2s at this point.

I only have two minor complaints with this kit so far.
One- i cannot find anywhere maximum servo dimensions. The powerHD servo i was planning on running when i ordered the kit is about 5-6mm too tall to fit, and the cheap 35kg dsservo i through in there to check fitment goes in the hole fine, but is quite tall on top. Which puts the turnbuckle from servo to steering arm at quite an angle.
Would be nice to have this info in advance.

Two- the entry point for the wires into the receiver box is not sealed at all, and is right at the bottom of the box. As a guy who likes to run his rc’s in all conditions and weather, this is a bit of a bummer.

Not major problems by any means.

I use direct power servo’s in my crawlers. They are strong for sure, but the ones i have are not that fast. Ill do some digging on whats out there.
Also, i believe most direct power servos are geared towards 3s-4s use. Most I've seen list 8.4v as minimum. Ill be running this truck primarily on 2s at this point.

I only have two minor complaints with this kit so far.
One- i cannot find anywhere maximum servo dimensions. The powerHD servo i was planning on running when i ordered the kit is about 5-6mm too tall to fit, and the cheap 35kg dsservo i through in there to check fitment goes in the hole fine, but is quite tall on top. Which puts the turnbuckle from servo to steering arm at quite an angle.
Would be nice to have this info in advance.

Two- the entry point for the wires into the receiver box is not sealed at all, and is right at the bottom of the box. As a guy who likes to run his rc’s in all conditions and weather, this is a bit of a bummer.

Not major problems by any means.
then i would go with the rs-500 from nsdrc. its about $60 and you can either make or purchase an adapter from them. its plenty fast for my db48, and fit perfectly. I honestly dont know of any other brands so maybe do some more research. knowing Tekno and how they love the Tekin stuff, i would check dimensions on Tekins site and see what those servos are. Maybe it would fit a low pro servo.

Well the local shop didnt have anything suitable in store.
I found a tekin t250 o Sale online and ordered it. A bit more $ than i was planning on, but hopefylly itll be worth it!

Back