So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We learned today that the ez start for the tmaxx will also accept a xt60 plug 🤣 the battery died for the starter, son was bummed, I said hang on a second… grabbed the battery from the voltage and in plugged right up

An Arrma Outcast and a Traxxas Sledge.
Killer day at the dirtpark.

20240428_095048.jpg

Really glad you are enjoying it. If I were you, the next kit I'd look at would maybe be the Kyosho Fazer. They're only going to be a step up from the TT02, but they are fairly cheap. Even if you sank a few hundred into the TT02, that money could get a Fazer that still outperforms the upgraded TT02.
I've owned both and I can confirm that, the Fazer is a bit limited in its adjustability but it drives nicer than any TT02 that I've owned. My Fazer is a bone stock rtr, yet it drives strai

In other news, I drove this thing. The "Mad Kluge".

20240428_100354.jpg

Last edited:
I've owned both and I can confirm that, the Fazer is a bit limited in its adjustability but it drives nicer than any TT02 that I've owned.

In other news, I drove this thing. The "Mad Kluge".

View attachment 188818
Cool looking kit! What is that?

Cool looking kit! What is that?
Its an Exceed Sunfire (now sold as the Redcat Tornado) buggy with a Tamiya NSU TT bodyshell. The buggy needed a new shell and I had a battered M chassis shell that needed a chassis. Somehow I feel like this is an upgrade over the M05 that the bodyshell used to run on.

@WickedFog and @Panko75 , what about a 4Tec? How are those comparable to the TT and Fazer? @luke66 says I should either get a Vendetta or Infraction next. But, don't get my chances high unless I sell a car of mine.

Last edited:
@WickedFog and @Panko75 , what about a 4Tec? How are those comparable to the TT and Fazer?
I've never owned a 4Tec, but I've heard that they use a narrow wheel offset in the rear that would limit your aftermarket wheel choices, they have an aluminum driveshaft and a motor with way too much torque, otherwise they're about as plastic fantastic as the others.

I like my Fazer, but brand new they are poor value imo, plastic motor mount, plastic driveshaft, plastic pinion gear, plastic dogbones, and no adjustability. Some are an abnormally long wheel base so your aftermarket body choices will be limited.

To throw out another option, I have a Redcat Thunder on-roader that really isn't half bad. $180 and you get an aluminum driveshaft, aluminum motor mount, metal dogbones, and more suspension/shock adjustability than any of the others listed. The bodies aren't "scale", but they're significantly cheaper than the others. It's 260mm so it'll take whatever body/wheels you'd like to run.

20240419_154443.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got the Taylor 46 out today , the kraken crap gears shortened the day AGAIN !! I've got a set of steel upgraded gears that they gave me before I was fired as a customer for getting pissed off cuz of my brand new $450 12s ESC went out , who in the H wouldn't be pissed , there pathetic !! But anyways , time for some wrenching , I actually laughed when the gears exploded again , but as Mike Taylor told me ,,,,, kraken is working on correcting there mistakes , but ruining good customers at the same time , they refunded my VEKTA5 trophy truck that's coming out soon , that's cuz they realized it's not sellable at that time , criticism is part of the learning curve idiots get a clue , or trade places with me , let's see how nice you would be , when a.company won't fess up to who's right and who's wrong , and replace the trash they sold me , then ditched me as a customer again with the ( PATHETIC !! )😡😡😡💪💪

@WickedFog and @Panko75 , what about a 4Tec? How are those comparable to the TT and Fazer? @luke66 says I should either get a Vendetta or Infraction next. But, don't get my chances high unless I sell a car of mine.
I think I'd look at an MST, or Yokomo. Yokomo just came out with a really cool looking entry level drifter.

Took the Revo out again into the backyard to burn through another tank and a half or so. I need to cut the grass it's getting too thick to reliably hit 2nd gear.

Here's a quick rip around the backyard. Did a few backflips up the tree, always gets a kick out of me. I purchased some of these cheap Glow plugs off amazon, I can get three for about the cost of one Traxxas 3232x and I've had a few duds in the past with those. So I figure it can't hurt to at least try? Idk, I just had one die looks like I got the most out of it. I'm eating through glow plugs every few tanks I think it has something to do with the high oil content in this fuel I bought. But I've got another half gallon to go before I can test this theory.

Glow Plug Shenanigans.PNG

I wonder if the high oil content is partially why this thing gets stuck at WOT from time to time. It's not a runaway from the failure of RX TX link, the throttle just literally gets stuck open. I had a full throttle run into a chain link fence (very nice very nice) But in true Revo fashion - I broke the fence and not the truck hahaha I wish I could find an OS11kr carb in stock literally anywhere. They've been backordered all year at least every time I check and I'd rather spend the money on that instead of potentially buying this old rare touring car I'm in talks with the owner about getting.

Stok as a Rok.PNG

I don't know how this thing hasn't broken but once (clutch spring yeeted itself) in 2 gallons, but I won't question it. I know it's coming. Burn a tank this monday!

The results of what I ran yesterday, just some rough spots in the area of wear the gear spins on the transmission housing , no real damage , went together great with the nes steel gears , literally a couple drops of diff fluid inside the diff , unbelievable,,,,, well maybe not,,,,,,

IMG_20240429_111108725.jpg

IMG_20240429_111053658_HDR.jpg