show us the "real whip"

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a GF that had one, it was an 02..actually you can get them for a decent price (25K to 35K condition dependent) But the problem is the parts haven't come down in price..So it doesn't take much to total them..but they do run pretty good..The GF's was an AMG version and it would run..bummer on the Benz though

i hope you had full coverage on it!! you can tell i rode the short bus to school.. my bmw 850i and my audi both have basic liability. not bad, there old cars.. the funny part is, my wifes 99' honda civic has full coverage.. the reason why is beyond my comprehension:spit:

i really have to get some pics of my VW. i have a 1993 VW Coraddo VR6. its my baby, been rebuilding it for like 4 years now. greatest and fastest car I've ever bought.

i really have to get some pics of my VW. i have a 1993 VW Coraddo VR6. its my baby, been rebuilding it for like 4 years now. greatest and fastest car I've ever bought.

dude!! get out the celly cam!! i wana see.. vr6's were and still are sikk.. let me guess...yellow right!! come on.. hurry up and get pics.. mine are on page 1

A few more..Bikes just a Sportster..But fixed up, 03 Dodge Hemi, AEM Brute Force intake kit and the Superchips 2003 Hemi programmer box, 6.1 Cam, SRT8 injectors, JBA stainless-steel headers, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system. On the Dyno it pulled 352 RWHP. 2/4 Drop 22"..To bad gas is almost $4.00 a gallon..

DSCN0388-copy.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

DSCN0382-1.jpg

i the funny part is, my wifes 99' honda civic has full coverage.. the reason why is beyond my comprehension:spit:

Simple enough, she's more likely to wreck it! =devil

Sweet bike TR!

My pos isn't worth posting here, 96 Saturn SL2,200k+ but it gets 30+mpg, 35+ if I would get it tuned up right.

dude!! get out the celly cam!! i wana see.. vr6's were and still are sikk.. let me guess...yellow right!! come on.. hurry up and get pics.. mine are on page 1

no i actually custom painted it Lamborghini blue. very nice. ill snap some pics and post them when i go back to NY on the 8th. its in storage there cuz i didnt have enough money to ship it to FL yet. ill def get some pics though

i also have a 1997 Audi A4 1.8T that i got from a friend that he wrecked. it got a decent amount of nose damage but the engine has a T3/T4 turbo conversion and intercooler. couldnt pass that up. i take some pics of that too its also in storage in NY

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my grocery getter. It is pretty fun to drive......

Attachments

• SS100116.JPG
    SS100116.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 93
Here is a picture of my grocery getter. It is pretty fun to drive......

grocery getter? ya ,ok!!.. fikinjoey, i dont know if you relized, but it says "skyline" on the back:LoL:.. i dont know were your from, but were I'm from... that meens DRIFT!!

Well....I have on occasion....(by accident) broke traction and the rear slid a bit.....never on purpose though mind you. And I just looked you are right.. it does say Skyline....I'll be darned.

Here is my "work vehicle." Getting ready to drop a VF-39 from an STi in it in a couple weeks, along with the supporting mods. Its a really fun car.

08-07.jpg

!!!! OLD MAN CAR ALERT !!!!

Just replaced my old Marquis with a newer Marquis last Monday... I cause parades now!

Dealer photo's from it being on their lot, still need to take some of my own:
2008-0331-2006GMarquis03.jpg

2008-0331-2006GMarquis06.jpg

2008-0331-2006GMarquis09.jpg

2008-0331-2006GMarquis12.jpg

Has a little more zip than my old one and it has a tach! I missed having a tach... 2006 G Marquis Ultimate, 18K miles, $11.9K. Has a few more niceties that my other didn't have. My wife is now the driver of my old one and she made it smell like a chick already... Something about seeing both of these backed into my car port side by side makes me grin... not sure why, but I guess it's the little things.

I replaced the stock radio with a pioneer mp3 in dash cd and the rear 6x8's with pioneer 4 way 6x9's, which wasn't fun at all. Now I need to do the door speakers. Not looking forward to that at all either. I have no idea what's in there, but they sound like mud, especially compared to the new ones in the rear deck.

bada-bumpbumpbump...I'm LOOVIN IT!!.. the white is a great color. all you need now is some lights and a badge!!

!!!! OLD MAN CAR ALERT !!!!

Just replaced my old Marquis with a newer Marquis last Monday... I cause parades now!

Dealer photo's from it being on their lot, still need to take some of my own:
2008-0331-2006GMarquis03.jpg

Old man car nothing, that is a sweet ride...not that I'm partial or anything. I've always used the id marauder and nothing about the cars, but loved the name more with the release of the newest Merc. Marauder which is essentially a Grand Marquis on crack. Either way, I love those cars a lot and they will always have a spot in my heart.

ya.. i agree.. its not an OLD MAN CAR fo sho.. thats a "hustlers whip"..white with the biege leather and wood grain? thats 'HUSTL'IN"

That's a real beauty. I put a lot of miles on a '97 Marquis, back in '99. Nice car, nice ride.
I no longer install car stereos, even though I've probably done close to 100 through the years.
I got a new Pioneer CD, MP3 player with 3way Alpines all the way around. The rears are not in the trunk, but in the side panels, and the fronts are in the doors.
I parked in front of the garage door, went back into Best Buy, shopped around for some new CDs, and $130 later I drove home in a concert hall. WOW, what a crisp sound. By the way, the $130 was only for the installation, and it was worth it. No pain, no cuts, no cramps and no sweat on my end.

the white is a great color. all you need now is some lights and a badge!!

I was hesitant about the white, as I'm a clean freak with my cars... but seeing it parked next to 3 other ones (2 2006's and a 2008) that all weren't white, it made me realize they took away some of the things that make my older one like my 98 look dressy. If I hadn't have seen the white next to the others, I'd have never bought any of them and kept shopping for a lincoln. The others looked so blah.

A buddy of mine found the stainless steel fender trim on ebay which my old one has. I didn't realize how dressed up a few pieces of shiny make it. Not sure if I'll buy them yet though.

Somehow, ford made it feel more connected to the road and handle hard cornering better, but yet gave it a softer ride than on 1998! I don't know how they did it, but I LIKE IT! Very smooth and silent and really picks up speed when you get on it. I also threw in a K/N filter like I did in my old one after driving it a week. Picked up 1.9 avg MPG and added a little more grunt overall. I get just below 25 MPG (24.8 mpg) with my 110 mile round trip commute.

I have to thank my wife for saving me $ on it though... It was listed at $14.9K, she got them down to $11.9K and had them fix the few paint chips it had while we were doing paperwork. I checked KBB and it goes for $18K. She can be downright ornery when she wants to be. All I did was ask for a cup of coffee and watched her do her damage on the guy.

I bought my 1998 with 30K on it for $12K over 4 years ago. It now has 165K on it and runs like a top and looks great too.

11/9 is a great price for something with such low mileage. When I'm in the market for another car, I'll send your wife airfare.
I think I've gone backwards. I've always driven great big old man cars. 2 Grand Prixs, Buick Park Ave, 2 Lincoln MK IVs and a few other big lead sleds. Now I've had a Thunderbird LX 5.0 H.O. for almost 8 years, and I'm still loving it.

She started with saying, "We want to leave with it for 11K."

The look on his face was priceless.

That's when I said, "I'll have a cup of your fresh brewed starbucks as we could be here a while..."

I'm not good at haggling... I just say what I want to pay, then if I don't get it, I leave. She likes the battle.

That was after her grilling me for two days with questions about the car, why I like it, why I wanted that particular car, what it was worth new, what it was worth KBB. When we pulled into the lot, she looked at me and said "Do your best to act dis-interested completely with the car and anything else in here."

I did my best.

Back