show us the "real whip"

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow fastflee, I love that truck and the color is amazing. HeartBreak, I want a durango and yours looks nice. I love that particular body style on the durangos. The new ones look too feminine for my taste.

Trust me, even though there's a ton of bad press about the 98/99 durango and their engines/transmissions, I've had ZERO problems. Just do a "normal" maintenence schedule (oil every 6mo/3K, trans/transfer case/axles once a year), not the one Dodge recommends in the owners manual (double what a normal schedule is), and the thing will run forever.

The one thing I like the most about the Durango is that there is a 12v socket at the back end. Perfect for chargers to plug into. That, and it rides super-comfortable. Even installing an alarm and car stereo are super-easy. 90% of the alarm wiring is literally within inches of each other. There's even a recessed area to mount the "brain unit" to.

The stereo is even easier with the use of a dash kit and smart harness. Both installs were so easy, it took me about 45 minutes, by flashlight, the night the "dark" picture was taken.

The only issue I've had with mine is really not all that major; the stock speakers are horrible. I intend to upgrade them eventually. I look at the newer ones, and all that comes to mind is it's cross-mutated with a PT-Cruiser (a horrid excuse for a vehicle).

Trust me, even though there's a ton of bad press about the 98/99 durango and their engines/transmissions, I've had ZERO problems. Just do a "normal" maintenence schedule (oil every 6mo/3K, trans/transfer case/axles once a year), not the one Dodge recommends in the owners manual (double what a normal schedule is), and the thing will run forever.

The one thing I like the most about the Durango is that there is a 12v socket at the back end. Perfect for chargers to plug into. That, and it rides super-comfortable. Even installing an alarm and car stereo are super-easy. 90% of the alarm wiring is literally within inches of each other. There's even a recessed area to mount the "brain unit" to.

The stereo is even easier with the use of a dash kit and smart harness. Both installs were so easy, it took me about 45 minutes, by flashlight, the night the "dark" picture was taken.

The only issue I've had with mine is really not all that major; the stock speakers are horrible. I intend to upgrade them eventually. I look at the newer ones, and all that comes to mind is it's cross-mutated with a PT-Cruiser (a horrid excuse for a vehicle).

i love durango's. i havent heard any "bad press" about them. they are suprisingly good on the trail too. whats up with your pops sanford and son's truck... does he drive that thing around town?j/k

fastflee - I'll give you $100 for that truck right now! I need to make a dump ran as well.

-Michael

LOL, actually, that's the family workhorse. Its' used to go on wood cutting trips, dump runs, hauling stuff when someone moves, etc. It was also used to bring home a Mitsubishi big screen tv.

That one, in and of itself was a lot of fun. Nothing like loading a 56" rear projection onto a 4 foot high bed, followed by unloading it. I thought it was going to fall both times. Luckily, the TV now sits in the front room, playing just as good as the day it came off the showroom floor.

Coming up, I have to re-do all the wiring, and fix the brake light switch. Nothing too big or complex, since theres' no computers onboard.

The funny thing is, my niece asked me if I'd ever take the Durango "wheeling". I told her that I didn't want to tear it up. Although, I do know of a few fishing holes where the 4wd is needed to get to 'em.

It also has the full-blown towing package, complete with a trailer brake. I'd probably never pull a camper with it. But a boat, possibly.

Even then, mines' got the folding third row. Even for a fold-away seat, it's got a surprising amount of head and leg room. I'd definitely choose it again if I had to.

98 Mercury Grand Marquis, currently 164K miles and still looks as good as the photo I took four years ago when it had 30K... well, aside from a little scuff on the lower right corner of the front bumper. Stupid concrete parking divider... Almost unnoticeable... but I know it's there!

2004-98gmarqueefront.JPG

2004-98gmarqueedriver.JPG

2004-98gmarqueepassenger.JPG

Will more than likely be replacing it soon and handing her down to my wife. She drives 15 miles a week... It will last forever if she doesn't smack something. Been the most dependable car I've owned in the past 12 years. Very little upkeep aside from tires/brakes (both done twice in 140K), plugs done once. Recently replaced an upper ball joint and I think the other one needs done. But, after that many miles and 10 years, things start to get a bit of wear.

May be replacing it with a 2006 White Marquis or a 99 Lincoln Town Car... haven't made up my mind yet.

She's currently driving the 97 olds lss my user name is comprised of... I'll be glad to see that thing leave. Great car for the first 70K... downhill from there. I basically just kept it out of spite.

Last edited:

By Leeplato this is one of my old beaters,I use it for the sunday dump runs!!!!!!!

So is that you in front of it? Not sure if you could reach the pedals unless you had a bunch fo 2x4's strapped to 'em. lol.

TR.. that is a sikk collection!!ya see. who would of known. TR rolls like a staight up hustler!!

Funny the porch is still in front of a dealer lol! Nice car non the less. My dream can is a porsche carrera gt, some day I swear.

Bryson

Funny the porch is still in front of a dealer lol! Nice car non the less. My dream can is a porsche carrera gt, some day I swear.

Bryson

It's the Cayman, I paid 46K for it..Most SUV's cost more..really..poor mans Porsche..But It's a very nice car..My ex loves it..lol..
I did keep the Bike and the Truck..

It's the Cayman, I paid 46K for it..Most SUV's cost more..really..poor mans Porsche..But It's a very nice car..My ex loves it..lol..
I did keep the Bike and the Truck..

Yes, the Cayman is just a hard top coupe version of the Porsche Boxster. A lot of people assume that they cost 100k which isn't the case. They are still nice cars, but there is a reason why they are a lot of them sitting at the dealer shops right now. Hope she doesn't have problems with her cooling system. :)

My brother has a 911 Carrera, I love the way that those drive. A lot of those 'turbo' imports will outrun it in a straight line, and I've had a car that would tear it up in the 1/4 mile, but it is scary as hell to ride in the 911 because how quick they can go from like 60-140 and not to mention they stop on a dime and handle like they are on rails.

Either way, the bike looks nice and you kept the truck so you still have your manhood at least.

the 99 ranger is my "work" truck.....this pic is a little old (last year)....right now it's sitting on blocks and waiting for me to get off my lazy ass and weld the 8.8" rear end on it and run the solid brake lines and a few other odds and ends.....it's been dropped 3" in this pic already and gibson side pipe...K&N intake....chipped...beefed up the tranny...brake calipers, vented rotors (soon to be on all 4 feet)...MSD coil and silicone plug wires, platinum plugs..

DSC04129.jpg

this is the last project car I did with my pop a few years ago...the pic shows the top in the box in the seat but it's all done now...

Car-1.jpg

Car-5.jpg

Car-4.jpg

Car-3.jpg

Car-2.jpg

I have another car I'll get pics up later of, and yes you will all drool, but I'm selling it soon....too much gas and insurance....sold the R6 last year and waiting to bring the 02 dyna low rider with all the Screamin Eagle poop you can get.....bought it from my dad just don't have a place at my house to keep it yet....

Last edited:
here it is my 1995 gmc serria

tylerscarpics115.jpg

tylerscarpics117.jpg

Last edited:
This is the whip:

29p7ukp.jpg

And this is how you drive it:

2e2qusy.jpg

oh man!!! you bit the big one... that was a benzo... 500sl? and for all of you that dont no.. when that car was new, it was around $80,000!!! ouch!!

Actually more like $120,000, I think. That's what my dad told me. Yeah a SL500. Unfortunately we have to get it totalled.

Back