Servos for the jr xs3 pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What servos would you recommend for a mp777 racing buggy? I got the jr xs3 pro 75 mhz

Dude you can't go wrong at all with a Airtronics 357 (throttle) and a 358 for the Steering

or a 360 for t/b and a 359 for steering if ya got the extra cash.

I run the JR 650's. There have plenty of power for my liking and they wont clean out your wallet.($50)

I also use the XS3 with most of my rc's I am using airtronics 359 (steering) and the 360 for t/b on the XB8 I just built they are expensive but you get what you pay for, I have had issues with Hitec and Jr servos and from this point on will be using Airtronics on my competitive stuff. The 357 and 358 are the same servos they just don't have the heat sink on them, which I just recently found out about.

well i decided to go for the jr 650 servos, they are pretty cheap and wont ruin me.

pissant, if you do any racing, I've got a story for ya. I'm still a pretty green racer (two summers now). When I first when for my big dog servo for my buggy, I looked around at the various products and their specs. I had heard about the Airtronics servos that Booyah mentioned, but I didn't want to throw down 100 bones for a stinking steering servo. I ended up with one of the hitec digital servos. They gave monsterous torque and would only set me back like $60 on ebay.

I loved my new hitech digital steering servo... at first. A few months after I put it in, something weird started to happen. I'd be racing and then end up banging on of the steering wheels into something. The steering then locked. My buggy would only go in circles and I had to take it off the track. The first time it happened, I took it home and opened it up. I noticed that one of the shafts for the gears had wobbled it's hole in the case into a egg shape. The shaft was basicly rocking back and forth inside the servic causing the gears to get stuck once in a while.

I did some research... and guess what I learned? Hitec servos are notorious for this crap. The Airtronics servos have brass bushings in the plastic case that prevent this problem. Airtronics is also known for durrable elecronics. The guys I race with have owned the same steering servo (Airtronics 358) for close to 5 years. The only thing that breaks is a $2 plastic gear that is designed to take one for the team when you crash hard (and the servo saver fails).

In the end, I bought that Airtronics 358 for $100 and paid it happily.

Oh and for I leave Hitech's name in the mud, they have a positive side. I sent my fiddlesticked up servo to them (servo only. no reciepts no servo horn. no manuals). I just printed out the thing on their website, filled it out and stuck it in the mail. Two weeks later, I received a NEW IN BOX $80 digial servo. Not my servo but a bran spanking new one. I prompt sold it on ebay for $75 and recouped some cost.

Moral of the story: If you race, Airtronics won't let you down in the A-Main. If you want to save a couple of bucks and you're a basher, hitec is fine as long as you don't mind a little down time waiting on shipping. You can keep sending your busted servos in over and over. :)

Anyway, sorry for the Novel. (phew)

I run Hitec 625(throtle), and 645(steering) in my buggy. Used to run the JR 590 in the trottle for a while, and I didn't like it as much as I so the 625. Not the fastest, best in the world, but so far (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems with them.

the hi tecs arent as good as the airtronics 358 and 357

Hypedonrc said:
Not the fastest, best in the world, but so far (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems with them.

Just adding my :2cents:

Never claimed they were the best. Just that that is what I have and they seem to work well.