Traxxas Stampede 2WD Servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolarin

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings,

My son's Stampede blew the stock servo. I surfed around and found some recommendations for some cheap Amazon servo's for it. Ended up on a ANNIMOS 20kg. Got it, installed it (with some slight "modifications" of the chassis), and it works, sort of. It wants to rip everything apart when it turns since the angle is so much more than the stock one. I had assumed the receiver was going to limit the throw on the servo, but apparently not. I did notice that I had bought the 270 degree version, which seems a bit excessive. I was in the process of buying the 180 degree version when I thought to check the stock servo's angle. It's 60 degrees. So, the 180 isn't going to help much. The rig only has the the "TQ" receiver, not the "TQi" so I cannot set endpoints. Anyone have a suggestion as to where to go? I would like to avoid buying the stock Traxxas receiver since they break pretty quickly, and aren't cheap. Thanks!

I would consider Radiolink, they've been great to me in the past:
https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-2-4GHz-Transmitter-Receiver-Controller/dp/B07DPMVVKN
Agreed

It really doesn't matter the degree of the servo. If you want to limit the servos travel, which you are trying to do, you have to turn down the end points via radio settings. I do agree with OP as Traxxas rx and tx combos are 1 overpriced, 2 break easily, and 3 not really adjustable or tune able. The TQ and TQi radios are basically the same, but with some extra buttons and switches. Me as a racer, and I think Bill can agree, is that with the TQi you need the bluetooth module and connect the radio to your phone do access settings. Me as a racer this is not a good thing, I like all my adjustable settings on the radio and in my hands so right before a race, I don't need to scramble around and dig to my phone and everything.

For entry level or budget radio combos, take a look at Radiolink and FlySky.
I like my Radiolink rc4gs v3 for my bashers. Pretty nice radio for the money, if you compare it to traxxas stuff (which is terrible) the rc6gs is the same as the 4, but with extra channels, and eith telemetry. Flysky with the GT5 and GP7 radios. I would recommend the GT3 but it looks like I seen some issues with them lately? Not sure.

Now for the midrange radios which are higher up, they give you more adjustments, more better feel in the hands, and more easy to navigate. IMO, for a basher, you don't need a more expensive radio as ideally, they are more for racing , and you don't want to be throwing around a expensive radio right? I like my Radiolink RC8X for racing. My only complaint is the receivers and the speed / response but it works fine for me now. Other radios like the FlySky NB4, Futaba 4PM Plus and Sanwa MT series are also good radios.

Since you said receivers in the first post, transmitters and receivers are not reverse compatible with other brands. So for example you can't pair up a traxxas radio with a Radiolink receiver. It just won't bind up due to different protocols. So if your looking for a new receiver, you have to get that brand radio. Most radios do come with a receiver or 2 with it so no issues. Not to mention these radios are multi model radios so you can hook up all of your cars with 1 radio. For example, I use my 4gs with my bashers (slash and rustler) and my rc8x with my racers (B74 wheeler and mini b)

So, like most things, when you start going aftermarket with one part, you are going to have to go that way with other things too. I appreciate the information. I'll take a look at those transmitter/receiver combos suggested. Thanks!

when you go aftermarket .you make sure all things replaced are same as the oe. like degree of sweep . if you dont have a way to limit endpoints why buy something with more. servo city would have told you for free if servo would work.Id just replace amazon servo with the correct sweep servo
60-degree sweep

Back