Good servos for slash 2wd (besides stock/Traxxas upgraded servos)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
So we and I determined I keep breaking the pegs because of the servo I been using. I had been using a OMG 20kg servo. The OMG servo is a bit taller and wider and does not fit where it goes perfectly. The Traxxas 2075R servo I have fits perfectly. I don't want to go back to the Traxxas servo because the Traxxas one is slow. I could feel the difference when turning the servos by hand. The OMG one feels more free and turns more freely than the Traxxas servo. So I want to find the same size servo but the same like freely turning as the OMG servo. I know savox is a good brand but i really don't know that much about servos and what I am looking for. Looking for a faster servo, all fully metal gear. I had been told that the ecopower servos (had one for the mini b) has metal gears but there is a plastic one in the center. Some brands are savox, protek, hitec, futaba, tekin. Might move my budget a little higher. My budget is 40 to 70ish dollars.
Traxxas does have their 400 and and 330 high torque servos but they are just .. expensive.

I've run Bluebird/Hitec/some amazon 1s purchased but I dint have the lcg frame. id check the stated size of them.before buying. there are low profile id check

This is a savox servo that popped up on my amain: https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-...al-gear-digital-servo-sav-sc-1252mgp/p1441651

This is low profile and all metal gear and super speed as savox states. Made for 1/10 scale onroad but should fit the slash. First pic is the traxxas 2075R specs then the other is the savox servo specs.

Screenshot 2022-12-12 8.34.51 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-12 8.35.04 AM.png

Traxxas: 55mm x 21.5mm x 42.75mm
Savox: 40.8 x 20.2 x 25.4mm

The differences are about 14mm in length and 1 1/2 mm difference in width
If I do get this savox servo or any servo in general I do want 25t spline so I don't have to change out the servo horn. Right now I am using a 25t aluminum Losi servo horn.

Last edited:
My 2WD Rustler ST's use the ProTek RC 100T servo. It is a full size, metal gear servo w/25T spline for servo horn. Fits your budget target $49.99.

Torque averages out at 194.5 oz/in. Published specs are 216 oz/in @ 6.0v and 173 oz/in @ 4.8v.

Good luck. Hope this helps. 'AC'

Forgot to note this. I do want waterproof because sometimes I do go out and bash in the rain but not all the time.
If it is not waterproof, it is fine, I can just risk it and run in the rain or swap in a waterproof servo. I will look more into that protek one and some savox servos.

Last edited:
Best high end servo for the money is power hd b4

I use these, and the 35KG ones up above, and i run my stuff hard, including running in snow, water, rain, high jumps, concrete skate parks, and, not once did i have one fail on me, even after being submerged several times. I did, however, have an Arrma BLX100 die after being submerged in a pond for roughly 30 seconds. This is just one of the trucks i ran in the cold and snow, at a concrete skate park, using those servos:

This is a savox servo that popped up on my amain: https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-...al-gear-digital-servo-sav-sc-1252mgp/p1441651

This is low profile and all metal gear and super speed as savox states. Made for 1/10 scale onroad but should fit the slash. First pic is the traxxas 2075R specs then the other is the savox servo specs.

View attachment 156722

View attachment 156723

If I do get this savox servo or any servo in general I do want 25t spline so I don't have to change out the servo horn. Right now I am using a 25t aluminum Losi servo horn.
The savox servo doesn't have enough torque imo. The Servo that AC mentioned below should be a decent choice.

My 2WD Rustler ST's use the ProTek RC 100T servo. It is a full size, metal gear servo w/25T spline for servo horn. Fits your budget target $49.99.

Torque averages out at 194.5 oz/in. Published specs are 216 oz/in @ 6.0v and 173 oz/in @ 4.8v.

Good luck. Hope this helps. 'AC'

View attachment 156722

View attachment 156723

definitely get the orange SAVOX servo the thing is crazy fast and precise. it also has a lot of torque.
this is the link:
https://www.savoxusa.com/collection...b2230sg-hv-brushless-tall-digital#description

Screenshot 2022-12-14 9.48.50 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-14 9.49.12 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-14 9.49.26 AM.png

Kind of pricy though. it's an insane servo though. Loads of torque.

Last edited:
definitely get the orange SAVOX servo the thing is crazy fast and precise. it also has a lot of torque.
this is the link:
https://www.savoxusa.com/collection...b2230sg-hv-brushless-tall-digital#description

View attachment 156794View attachment 156795View attachment 156797
Yep deff pricey. Might get this for my B74 instead of my slash. I am also looking for a servo that is a little bit shorter in height than the traxxas 2075R. Maybe a LCG servo will do. I had ordered my new chassis so I will put the stock servo back in and hopefully it solves the issue I had been having. Once the stock traxxas servo goes then Ill get a new servo.

Yep deff pricey. Might get this for my B74 instead of my slash. I am also looking for a servo that is a little bit shorter in height than the traxxas 2075R. Maybe a LCG servo will do. I had ordered my new chassis so I will put the stock servo back in and hopefully it solves the issue I had been having. Once the stock traxxas servo goes then Ill get a new servo.
here I will link more servos because they make shorty ones too.
here is a shorty:
https://www.savoxusa.com/collection...b2262sg-monster-low-profile-steel#description
Screenshot 2022-12-14 10.05.37 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-14 10.06.11 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-14 10.05.50 AM.png

This is the shorty

this is the link:

You realize he is putting this in a Slash 2wd and not an E-Revo or Arrma Kraton 6s right? 500oz/in of torque is way way overkill for the Slash it would probably break the bell crank. For the Traxxas 2wd vehicles unless he is racing, which idk why he would be using a Slash for racing, the Amazon cheapos @Smilinbri and myself linked above are more than enough speed and torque.

This is the servo I linked above in my 2wd Rustler with Duratrax Lockup 2.8 MT tires which are bigger and heavier than most any SCT wheel/tire combo.

This looks like it would be perfect for my D8T.

Last edited:
this is the link:

This is dog slow servo with a lot of torque that is not really necessary for anything, maybe only 1/5 and 1/6 scale.

There is better options now, but savox 1258tg is much better choice for 10 scale

For the Traxxas 2wd vehicles unless he is racing, which idk why he would be using a Slash for racing
Might use the slash just to run some laps at the track and might use it for a couple of races if it is reliable but mainly I do sidewalk/street bashing and speed runs. Since I got my B74 Ill be using that. But if there are a couple of SCTs I might race with the slash (again if it is only reliable for that day, lol. Some days it's reliable some days it isn't)
Amazon special. Have these in most of my rigs, including my 2wd Slash. Great budget servo.
View attachment 156741
View attachment 156742
Heard that these servos are best for the money. Will definitely check out. I will also check out that Protek 100T servo and some savox stuff. I will order my new chassis and use the stock servo to see how it does for me. If it is too slow then I will upgrade. Thanks all for the recommendations. Also looking for a faster servo than the one i will put in the slash for my B74.
I didn't have any problems internal with the OMG servo I had. The only issue was it was too tall and too wide.

Might use the slash just to run some laps at the track and might use it for a couple of races if it is reliable but mainly I do sidewalk/street bashing and speed runs. Since I got my B74 Ill be using that. But if there are a couple of SCTs I might race with the slash (again if it is only reliable for that day, lol. Some days it's reliable some days it isn't)

Heard that these servos are best for the money. Will definitely check out. I will also check out that Protek 100T servo and some savox stuff. I will order my new chassis and use the stock servo to see how it does for me. If it is too slow then I will upgrade. Thanks all for the recommendations. Also looking for a faster servo than the one i will put in the slash for my B74.
I didn't have any problems internal with the OMG servo I had. The only issue was it was too tall and too wide.

I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't race with a Slash but it's sort of like trying to do rock climbing with a Geo Tracker, sure it probably can do okay but there are vehicles that are better suited for doing it.

i have a couple of servos in my savox shopping cart and I'm gonna get them for my sct, rc10 t3, traxxas stampede 4x4, traxxas rustler 4x4, and soon I would put one in the losi 1/10 db pro 4x4 that I'm going to save up for. my stampede is super fricken heavy and my race truck is pretty heavy too. the stampede 4x4 has a full metal steering assembly so I think it would be perfect for a savox servo. i don't have the rustler or the db pro yet but I'm for sure getting a rustler 4x4 for Christmas.

I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't race with a Slash but it's sort of like trying to do rock climbing with a Geo Tracker, sure it probably can do okay but there are vehicles that are better suited for doing it.
yea I know. The better suited vehicles are like the TLR kits and associated kits. Tekno also makes a sct. Maybe an associated SC10 might be better on the track than the slash. I did one race with my slash before and that was for a young guns race in 2016.

Back