Team associated RC10B74.2D Team Kit electronics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kx125str99

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So after researching what car I want to go with I have decided on the team associated RC10B74.2D Team Kit. Now I’m looking for recommendations on what motors and esc’s to go with. Also recommended servos, and transmitters and receivers. All help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking at racing my local dirt track in Santa Clarita.

I'd go over to the track to talk to some of the racers. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help you. What's your budget?

i came across “Spektrum” while researching electronics.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...iSkJM6BeGHwJ1etN_IxcIQ23qKU4_D3EaArZIEALw_wcB

Have not made a purchase yet.
Spectrum ESC’s are sold in ARRMA Granite vehicles from my understanding.
Spektrum electronics are Horizon Hobby so it is in every Arrma, losi and any HH car. This esc is not ideal for the B74.2 or yet any 1/10 buggy due to the small chassis. Also this esc is most ideal for bashers. Most Race grade stuff would be more higher quality, and you would have to solder the motor wires and battery bullets.

For OPs question. I would go to your local track, see what they are running. This would be the best thing to do so you can get more in depth on electronics, and you can get help when/if needed.

For the Motor, depends what class it is. Stock 13.5, Open, Mod, Stock 10.5.
The esc also has to kinda deal with the turn motor too so the esc can handle it. There is a kv or motor limit on the esc specs.
Budget for ESC and Motor?

For TX/RX. What is your budget? There are the budget ones, mid range ones, and the high end ones. With radios, I would get the one that has the best feel in your hands with the grip, trigger and wheel.
I have the RadioLink RC8X and its a good mid range radio (budget too) for normal club racing for me.

Budget of the Budget stuff: FlySky GT3 series, FlySky GT5, FlySky GP7, RadioLink RC4GS V3 / RC6GS V3, Dumbo RC X4/X6

Mid range: Futaba 3PV, Futaba 4PM Plus, RadioLink RC8X, FlySky NB4/Pro, Sanwa MT lineup

High End: Futaba 7PX/R, Futaba 10PX, Sanwa M17

For servos, depends how much speed or torque you need. For buggies, you ideally need more speed. But this depends on your size track and how the layout it, how tight the turns and corners are. What is your budget for servos?

For reference here is my setup in my B74.1D for indoor carpet / indoor clay
RadioLink RC8X (R6Fg V4 receiver, gyro DISABLED)
Xpert 4000LV servo (4431)
Hobbywing XR10 Pro (Legacy 160A)
Hobbywing V10 G4 13.5 Motor (Stock 13.5 class)

My Uncles setup for his 2017 XB4 for modified class
Futaba 7PX (discontinued) with standard Futaba 4CH RX.
Xpert 4000LV servo
Hobbywing V3.1 (discontinued)
Hobbywing V10 G2 6.5T motor (discontinued)

Me and my uncle, and most other racers use Hobbywing. Pretty good brand. There are other brands for esc's and motors like Trinity (Not sure because of the whole Trinity x Horizon Hobby thing), Maclan, Tekin.

Id go to track and take a walk thru the pits. see what others are running in there 4 wd buggy an what class you will run in.id go with a tekin esc and a 10.5 motor

The electronics and radio setup have little to do with the exact brand and model of the car.

Since you ask what to get, I’ll make assumptions about your budget and skill level.

Motor: no less than 13.5 turns.
ESC: 60 Amps will suffice but many will tell you to get more. 80–120 A is not crazy expensive if it makes you happy.
Motor and ESC: sensored

Servo: no less than 10 kg / cm torque and not slower than 0.10 seconds : 60 deg. This will offer decent performance without costing a hundred bucks. People who buy really fast servos often limit the servo speed, smooth steering is better than having the car react to shaky hands.

Radio: you don’t need the high-end models. Mid-tier can offer something you find valuable, like a better handling feel, adjustable trigger distance, and steering and trigger tension adjustments.

Everything: choose a reputable brand with local users and support. Often the second cheapest series have the best bang for the buck and the second most expensive series offer practically flagship performance for a lower price.

Also: get a transponder to get actual data of your performance. It sucks to pay close to a hundred bucks for such a little chip but the sooner you get one the sooner you get the benefits.

Ok so I ended up getting the hobbywing 13.5 v10 g4 motor and xr10 pro g2s. Also went with the protek 160 tbl. Futaba 3pv. And 4 protek 130c 6400. Also the protek prodigy 66 duo. Thanks for all the info. Spent some time at the local hobby shop on race night last night talking to everyone running the 4x4 buggy class.

Ok so I ended up getting the hobbywing 13.5 v10 g4 motor and xr10 pro g2s. Also went with the protek 160 tbl. Futaba 3pv. And 4 protek 130c 6400. Also the protek prodigy 66 duo. Thanks for all the info. Spent some time at the local hobby shop on race night last night talking to everyone running the 4x4 buggy class.
XR10 Pro G2s. The top of the line for hobbywing. Cool esc. Reverse polarity detection so thats good. Mine does not have that (as its not a G2)
The V10 G4 is a amazing motor. Me and one of my friends put it on the tunalizer. It was spot on with the sensors and everything.

Back