rustler vxl?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolmakerman48

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
hi i am selling my nitro associated gt2 and was going to use that money to buy a rustler vxl. i curently own 1 tenergy 7.2v 4200 mah and 2 tenergy 8.4 3800 battery packs. and i drove my brothers duratrax evader with those batterys and its slow as crap compared to my gt2. Does anyone know how the rustler vxl will compare to my gt2 because i dont want to have to buy lipos rite now because i need to save my money. and is the rustler vxl a fast car. i dont need top end just low end because i race at a short track so has to be fast out of the hole.

my sons vxl is a blast to drive on nimh's, great torque. I raced it a couple of times over the winter indoors and it did just fine, more than enough power on a track. you have to figure it is a 10.5 turn brushless 3500 motor and even on nimh it will do pretty well.

o ok thanks alot I'm gonna youtube it and see

I havent had a chance to run it yet, but my little brother is getting one for his B-day. I pulled it out of the box to replace tha battery connectors and the thing looks pretty nice.

Here is a decent video that will give you an idea of what it will do on a 6 cell NIMH, I ran 7 cell 5000's all the way through the pack and the motor/esc never really got warm. I wouldn't be able to say that about any of my castle stuff....

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine running on a Venom 8.4V 7 Cell 5000 maH battery. It's a Stampede VXL, but they're basically the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The little bro just got his today. with a 8.4v 3300 mah 7 cell ni-mh this thing hauls! its almost uncontrollable on the road but sticks like glue on dirt. my only complaint is how easy it traction rolled on pave. that might change with a little wear on the tires.

The little bro just got his today. with a 8.4v 3300 mah 7 cell ni-mh this thing hauls! its almost uncontrollable on the road but sticks like glue on dirt. my only complaint is how easy it traction rolled on pave. that might change with a little wear on the tires.

Just adjust the camber on the wheels to be in a little in at the top and that will help with the traction roll, also you adjust ride highth with the shock spacers that came with it.... have a good time

ok as soon as i sell my gt2 I'm going to buy one. but I'm gonna continue to drive my gt2 untell it gets sold. i just bought paddle tires and we are going up to silver lake sand dunes in a month so I'm gonna let it rip on those dunes. ill probably have to richen the crap out of it there because its so hot everytime i go there.

yeah the dunes are a blast we are leaving next wed for 4 days to the dunes and taking the following.

Revo 3.3 paddles
LST2 LRP 28 and paddles
3 brushless slashes w/ paddles
rustler vxl w/ paddles
Tmaxx 2.5 w/ regular chevrons

Oh and 3 quads and a 400 hp sand rail gonna try to take some good video this time...

niice that will be a fun time.

Just gonna toss in my 2 cents the vxl rustler is way fun to drive with a dynamite 3800 6 cell pack i couldnt keep the front down at all anywhere lol.Take a look at youtube for a jato 3.3 vs rustler vxl drag race vid the rustler takes it off the start but the jato catches it.But the rustler only has nimh 6 cell imagine it with a lipo!...Good choice btw on the rustler vxl.

Back