Traxxas Slash 2wd LCG Chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caiden Escalante

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I currently am running a 2wd Slash VXL with a Rustler chassis and an STRC LCG (low center of gravity) kit. I recently noticed the rear end of my Slash is very heavy and causing the car to tip backwards. I have the blue Traxxas LCG chassis, but I am not sure if swapping chassis will change how the car drives. I’m hoping if I swap chassis there won’t be as much weight in the rear, any insight on this?

if you're willing to do some dremeling, cut the new chassis so the trans can sit motor in. (backwards) that will help your CG alot.
also, welcome to RCT.

Welcome to RC talk.
I use the Traxxas slash LCG chassis conversion
There is still lot of weight in the rear. It's expected for a 2wd SCT that is rear motor.
You can use a nitro slash chassis and run mid motor
Or mod the plastic chassis like @luke66 said

With me, I tried adding a little bit of weight in the front, using 2 mini b tires/wheels, really didn't help.

It will still be in the rear
But if you mid motor convert it
You can move the motor weight to the rear/middle of the chassis 🤷
"...,by itself,..."

I wasn't disagreeing with the mid-motor result... and I don't know why people want to argure all the time.... :hehe:

It will still be in the rear
But if you mid motor convert it
You can move the motor weight to the rear/middle of the chassis 🤷

Rear motor and heavy rear weight is normal. If anything I'd do some suspension work and carry on. If the front end is too light, heavier tires and zip tie some sockets to the front end is what we did back in the day.

Is this the kit you got? I've been thinking about an aluminum chassis for mine and thought that's what you got.

https://www.rccaraction.com/st-racing-concepts-traxxas-slash-2wd-lcg-conversion-kit/
That’s what my truck has. I’m thinking the plates are just a little heavy. I’ve had this truck for 10 years though, it’s just sat in a box for a while.

Rear motor and heavy rear weight is normal. If anything I'd do some suspension work and carry on. If the front end is too light, heavier tires and zip tie some sockets to the front end is what we did back in the day.

Is this the kit you got? I've been thinking about an aluminum chassis for mine and thought that's what you got.

https://www.rccaraction.com/st-racing-concepts-traxxas-slash-2wd-lcg-conversion-kit/
If that is the chassis you are currently running, with the aluminum rear components, then changing to the all-plastic Traxxas chassis probably would reduce the weight in the rear.... sorry glossed over the fact you are using an aftermarket chassis right now.

If that is the chassis you are currently running, with the aluminum rear components, then changing to the all-plastic Traxxas chassis probably would reduce the weight in the rear.... sorry glossed over the fact you are using an aftermarket chassis right now.
No worries, I appreciate your help either way!

That's not as bad as I thought it was the flm all aluminum. Never knew strc made that.

That's not as bad as I thought it was the flm all aluminum. Never knew strc made that.
It was originally for a buggy conversion that was called the Backslash, but I put it back into sct configuration and I drove it around the track a little bit, noticed the weight a bit but nothing substantial broke from that specifically
I might run this Rustler chassis until it dies, might be better to save the LCG chassis for a drag Slash or as a replacement if it does break.

Isnt a 2WD Slash with a Rustler chassis just a Rustler? Pretty sure 98% of those rigs are the same except the chassis 🤔
Technically yes. But rustler has longer arms and turnbuckles for it to look wide for a stadium truck. Body mounts n body n tires. Everything else is the same.

I have an extended FLM Stampede build, 12.5 inch chassis. Not an lcg but still has the front/rear weight imbalance. An RPM front bumper with some added weights helped alot, I have several ounces added to mine, much easier to steer and control with the extra front weight.

I have an extended FLM Stampede build, 12.5 inch chassis. Not an lcg but still has the front/rear weight imbalance. An RPM front bumper with some added weights helped alot, I have several ounces added to mine, much easier to steer and control with the extra front weight.
I got their 1/8 stampede chassis 14 years old and still going. Great product.

I currently am running a 2wd Slash VXL with a Rustler chassis and an STRC LCG (low center of gravity) kit. I recently noticed the rear end of my Slash is very heavy and causing the car to tip backwards. I have the blue Traxxas LCG chassis, but I am not sure if swapping chassis will change how the car drives. I’m hoping if I swap chassis there won’t be as much weight in the rear, any insight on this?
I make kits to convert the slash 2wd to mid motor. ill sell one to you for 50$
Welcome to RC talk.
I use the Traxxas slash LCG chassis conversion
There is still lot of weight in the rear. It's expected for a 2wd SCT that is rear motor.
You can use a nitro slash chassis and run mid motor
Or mod the plastic chassis like @luke66 said

With me, I tried adding a little bit of weight in the front, using 2 mini b tires/wheels, really didn't help.
You all are forgetting about me eh? lol, just jokes but if you have any questions about mid-motoring a slash I'm the guy to talk to!