Arrma kraton 4s vs rustler 4x4 vxl

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBS4EVER

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I have had great luck with traxxas rcs (I own a 2wd rustler vxl , a trx-4m and a trx-4 high trail) and am considering buying a 4x4 basher. I have been eyeing the kraton 4s v2.5 as it seems to have fixed all of the issues I ave had with the platform in the past. (Slipper clutch plastic diffs, and shock ends) this was on a granite 3s by the way. I would look at a traxxas maxx but for 570 it isn't worth it for me. What is everyone's opinions on this. Should I go with the traxxas 4x4 platform, or should I try an arrma again. I have seen many people rave about the kraton 4s on YouTube and other forums as it is such a good value. I just really don't want to have to constantly fix and throw away money upgrading the kraton like I did with my granite. The traxxas Rustler or stampede/hoss(haven't decided which I prefer) now includes the extreme hd kit which fixes the driveshaft issues traxxas have been known for in the past. Basically, I am asking if it would be worth getting the kraton 4s for $50 more than the rustler and has arrma truly fixed the reliability issues that plague the 3s/4s platform?

Not sure how much they've fixed (pretty sure the chassis still snaps) but I'd go even higher and get the Typhon 6S ($499) honestly a steal for what it is.

Not sure how much they've fixed (pretty sure the chassis still snaps) but I'd go even higher and get the Typhon 6S ($499) honestly a steal for what it is.
Typhon 6s is a great deal, but it is expensive to run and I don't have a charger that can handle 6s lipos. Plus I bash hard and a 8th scale buggy is not practical for my driving style.

People say it runs fast enough on just 4S. Plus, a Arrma 6S (any) is gonna be tougher than anything on the Arrma 3-4S platform. And tougher than the Rusty as well. Throw some MT tires on a Typhon and you can go pretty much anywhere as fast as a Kraton 6S. And defiantly faster than a Rustler of any kind.

My biggest issue with buying a 6s arrma is that parts are really expensive( in comparison to the 10th scale stuff I run, and when one does break something, you are paying $60 or more each time you break it. a 10th scale is much cheaper and I usually pay around 10 to $30 each time I break my traxxas rcs. I prefer the smaller and lighter platform as I am generally just backyard bashing.

Back