RPM issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevoAxial28RR

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so please help me out, I just recently got bored on day so slamed a .28 into my revo, all my linkages are great, mechanicly sound job, but i'm having an issue. I'm new to "big block" motors, first new motor bigger than .12. so anyway, after it warms up a bit, when you let off the gas the rpm doesn't come all the way back down (acts like its at 1/6 throttle), the throttle closes, so thats not the issue. now I lowered the idle, richened it up (mostly high speed but a little low speed 2)b/c when it does this it gets hot, changed the clutch springs to stiffer. Its an axial .28rr with the turbo button head, the motor recomends a cold plug, but I've been using a medium (o.s. p7) b/c its a SOB to get it to even start on a cold plug. I've been getting it better a little, its on about 1/2 gal. I broke it in according to the manufactures direction. i'm pretty sure its just overheating b/c too lean but i'm also worried that maybe its not got enough pressure to the fuel tank causing it not to deliver enough fuel forcing it to run so lean(jp-2 pipe) but i doubt it, their is about 1 1/2 foot of fuel line and a 10 in. long pressure line but in all honesty, i seriously doubt that its a fuel pressure problem. Am I in the ball park, or should I be looking elsewhere to fix the problem?

I want to see what people say about this I have the same problem with my savage.

If the engine is revving and the throttle is closed, check for an air leak. An air leak will also cause the overheating.

If the engine is revving and the throttle is closed, check for an air leak. An air leak will also cause the overheating.

Agreed! It is like pinching off your fuel line. Pinch it off and the RPM's come up from the extra air, which leans out the engine.

thanks guys, so far so good, shortened the lines and checked for leaks but had no noticed ones. richened up the low speed and i think that was the winner (figured thats all it was). only put about 2/3 tank due to wet conditions so I'm not 100% but the temps didn't get near as high. i see why the revo uses a small block from the factory but man BB are cool, thanks agian