Roasted 2 glow plugs after mods

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joebegsmaxx2.5

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Installed ths pipe and motor saver filter on the tmaxx 2.5. She woke up a bit and of course I had to do a little fine tuning. Anyway I roasted 2 glow plugs in like 20 minutes 🤣 so I ordered 3 LC3 O.S. glow plugs and we're going to see what happens. What are your thoughts on this. Guess I gotta richen her up quite a bit more than I thought maybe..

Sounds like it was too lean if the filament burnt up on the plug. What were the engine temps running at?

Sounds like it was too lean if the filament burnt up on the plug. What were the engine temps running at?
I took a temperature reading when it cut out and it was around 270 to 280. The underside where the pipe comes out of is always very wet.
I took a temperature reading when it cut out and it was around 270 to 280. The underside where the pipe comes out of is always very wet.
This was also after some very high speed/rpm runs in order to see what the mods gave me

This was also after some very high speed/rpm runs in order to see what the mods gave me
Holly crap 270 280 wow she is lean buddy.
With the bigger air intake and new exhaust you probably got to richen up a full turn. Did you take temps anytime before the speed runs? Hiw much smoke was flowing out of exhaust?

Holly crap 270 280 wow she is lean buddy.
With the bigger air intake and new exhaust you probably got to richen up a full turn. Did you take temps anytime before the speed runs? Hiw much smoke was flowing out of exhaust?
I gotta admit there wasn't to much. On initial acceleration yea there was a bit but not much on fly by. I was getting started to richen it up but then it stopped firing up after it shut down on me.

I gotta admit there wasn't to much. On initial acceleration yea there was a bit but not much on fly by. I was getting started to richen it up but then it stopped firing up after it shut down on me.
To lean and at 280 to hot
The new plugs should help those are the only ones I run really

To lean and at 280 to hot
The new plugs should help those are the only ones I run really
Sweet. I already gave it a 1/4 turn, but maybe I should finish her off with another 3/4????

Sweet. I already gave it a 1/4 turn, but maybe I should finish her off with another 3/4????
I would start full turn or try where your at. And you can always back it down some more if needed always better to have more then not enough and really do damageđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

I would start full turn or try where your at. And you can always back it down some more if needed always better to have more then not enough and really do damageđź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Will do thanks. I'll check back

Ok so I gave her a full turn out on the HSN and it bogged slightly on wot acceleration so I turned it back in a 1/4 turn and turn lsn out a 1/4 turn and now with my new wheelie bar I can run 100 foot wheelies down the road 🤣 it's pretty damn sweet
It does do some weird poop every once in awhile. It will almost completely cut out like choke on itself and then I'll let off and get back in it and it's fine. Any thoughts??

the HSN doesn't just tune the high end of a nitro engine, it also controls how much fuel flows into the carb for the entire powerband to use.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like your LSN is a bit rich and the extra fuel could make it choke from time to time.
maybe lean it by a smaller turn like 1/8 ? or if you already fixed the issue, let us know what you did :)

the HSN doesn't just tune the high end of a nitro engine, it also controls how much fuel flows into the carb for the entire powerband to use.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like your LSN is a bit rich and the extra fuel could make it choke from time to time.
maybe lean it by a smaller turn like 1/8 ? or if you already fixed the issue, let us know what you did :)
I tried leaning out the the LSN yesterday 1/8 to 1/4 turn and it raised the rpm to the point that it was jolting forward so I tried lowering the idle adjust the idle screw obviously and it did nothing, so I richend the lsn again and gave up for now. I'll try messing with in a bit

hmm ok..

well if you go out and mess with it, pay attention to when in the RPM range it chokes or bogs or whatever.
if its at lower RPM its LSN, higher RPM its HSN.

hmm ok..

well if you go out and mess with it, pay attention to when in the RPM range it chokes or bogs or whatever.
if its at lower RPM its LSN, higher RPM its HSN.
I agree on the running rich part for sure. If in order to do wheelies everywhere which it does I always give a bit of throttle and then come a stop and only then will I pop up and run 100 foot wheelie. It's during the wheelie when it bogs out on me. This is with a full tank of fuel and the fuel line is in the back of the tank just FYI. My buddy was asking me about the tank and what not so before anybody asks any questions I'd clear it up.

you'd think that if it bogs out during the wheelie, it needs extra fuel on the HSN .. because lets face it, its not easy for you as a human to lift the front and keep in in the air .. imagine a tiny engine has to do that :p

you'd think that if it bogs out during the wheelie, it needs extra fuel on the HSN .. because lets face it, its not easy for you as a human to lift the front and keep in in the air .. imagine a tiny engine has to do that :p
Lol very true. It was so damn rich yesterday that it was burning my eyes when holding onto it trying to adjust it

Lol very true. It was so damn rich yesterday that it was burning my eyes when holding onto it trying to adjust it
However, does the bogging go away once the tank is half way or less ? i know you kind of cleared it up but still .. it could also be a pressure thing

However, does the bogging go away once the tank is half way or less ? i know you kind of cleared it up but still .. it could also be a pressure thing
I was thinking that also like header is leaking or something and it's running out of fuel at say 30000 rpms lol.
I have a ths pipe on it with the rubber 3 spring cupler that has me thinking

Attachments

• 20211217_183050.jpg
    20211217_183050.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 45