Revo 3,3 first thing to break?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnar

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi all, picking up my new 5308 at the LHS this evening :) So anyone want to suggest what the first thing to break will be?

Personally I think my wallet due to the abundance of upgrades available LOL..

Yep I vote for wallet...

Just do like i do . If it's not broke don't fix it... And if it does break fix it with an upgraded part. <<<<< Your wallet will thank you later for it.

"IF IT ANT BROKE DONT FIX IT"
I hear that a lot and to be honest i love it
i was always 1 to pull things apart and c how they worked ect.
I did this with my 1st rig HSP WARHEAD and with no instruction manual i put wrong screws in wrong places ect. ect. and now it needs some seriouse money spend on it before it will go again

but yes dont just go and buy upgrades for the sake of buying upgrades (UNLESS U WANNA BE LIKE ROLEX AND JUST DUST AND WAK) wait for something to break and then replace it with an upgrade
leaves money in ur wallet for fuel, glow plugs and other things ur gonna be constantly restocking to keep your truck running

A-Arms will be the first to go. Then get RPM A-Arms.

+1 on the RPM's

"IF IT ANT BROKE DONT FIX IT"
I hear that a lot and to be honest i love it
i was always 1 to pull things apart and c how they worked ect.
I did this with my 1st rig HSP WARHEAD and with no instruction manual i put wrong screws in wrong places ect. ect. and now it needs some seriouse money spend on it before it will go again

but yes dont just go and buy upgrades for the sake of buying upgrades (UNLESS U WANNA BE LIKE ROLEX AND JUST DUST AND WAK) wait for something to break and then replace it with an upgrade
leaves money in ur wallet for fuel, glow plugs and other things ur gonna be constantly restocking to keep your truck running

and if you run it like your supposed too you will be going through alot of fuel

the first thing that broke on mine was the spring in the clutch. i dont know if that is a common thing breaking on the revo but it did on mine.

i had the same problem but it wasn't the spring it was the actual clutch shoe that shattered. . .Literally

The first thing to break will be the engine. Break in that is.

the very first thing that broke on mine was the exhaust coupler the cheap flimsy rubber they used blew out i replaced it with a piece of automotive heater hose and have never had a problem with i leaking or blowing out. other than that i have had minor issues with the ez start but that was nothing big. and now i have a broken a arm witch i just got home with rpm a arms so am putting them on now. good luck with your rig. let us know what the first thing to break is.

the very first thing that broke on mine was the exhaust coupler the cheap flimsy rubber they used blew out i replaced it with a piece of automotive heater hose and have never had a problem with i leaking or blowing out. other than that i have had minor issues with the ez start but that was nothing big. and now i have a broken a arm witch i just got home with rpm a arms so am putting them on now. good luck with your rig. let us know what the first thing to break is.

Good deal.. Do you see the difference between the stock arms and the RPMs?Thats why we all go for them. It gives it a bit more strength. But it will also break if need be. Never broke one but you know it could happen tomorrow :)

I love them things.:thumbs-up:

also the first thing to break for me was the spring around the clutch shoes. I also broke a Axle carrier and a cv shaft due to me throwing the truck down on the ground. I was so depressed when i did that.

Good deal.. Do you see the difference between the stock arms and the RPMs?Thats why we all go for them. It gives it a bit more strength. But it will also break if need be. Never broke one but you know it could happen tomorrow :)

I love them things.:thumbs-up:

they look much sturdier than stock. i havent had the chance to try the truck yet because of rain but it will be nice this afternoon. i will let you know later today.

Hi all, thanks for all the comments, keep em coming, here are a couple of pics (which seemed a little dark,, sorry about that) Nice and clean though… Since these I have run in the engine according to the manual. Went very well, no stops or any unexpected challenges.

Have run about 8 tanks though it now and should probably run it a little more before trying to make any major adjustments. So for now it is air filter and plug change.

It seems to sputter a little when I give it throttle from idle and idle RPM a little unstable, so a new plug and filter then I will challenge my tuning capabilities.
Speaking of upgrades breaking the wallet I have ordered the sway bar kit, LOL..

revo33_1.jpg

revo33_2.jpg

Anything but stock lol. but you know me. it's not broke yet. (nevermind the hammer in my hand) lmao

Ok, its been 12 tanks now and so far the only thing that has broken - amazingly enough was my throttle servo. Now how strange is that? It just died, Obviously I tried swapping the connectors since my steering was working and concluded that the actual throttle servo was dead.

Maybe I have my brakes to tight? They are set to begin breaking once the trigger moves over to reverse (no breaking in neutral sort of speak)
I have a 1600mAh Marathon (6V) pack on the receiver.

Had an old Futaba servo laying around, problem solved for now:)

Oh and the truck needed a was job LOL and the pipe I have will do for now :D

Oh and the truck needed a was job LOL and the pipe I have will do for now :D

I am glad is going well. I was referring to JNritz about the pipe he said you have the one he wants. I can probably get him the polished resonator if he wants.

Just took my Revo for it's first hard bashing. It's been street driven before, but hasn't really taken a beating , maybe a wheelie flip-over heare and there, a smoked curb, and a flip on concrete.

But today, it got rocked. My buddy lives out in the county and has two farmers fields behind his place. Uneven, dried out soil, three 2ft jumps back to back with no smooth landing zone, gravel stretches, thick grass and loose dirt.

I dumped it end over end a couple times, but we made a 4 ft high jump out of dirt and I hit it fast. Problem is I let off the throttle as I hit the jump so my nose dove a little. Actually a lot. I landed on the front bumper, bounced and landed and came to a stop on the roof. The unit stalled out. I couldnt get it started with the EZ Start and we finally realized that the yellow ground wire must have smashed up against the hot exhaust and melted the insulation, at the same time it ripped itself from the harness. So we had to jerry rig the yellow wire back into the harness and cover up the gash. Luckily I had bought an extra harness a while back cause my blue glow plug wire had been stripped a little in the manufacture's packaging.

Takes a long ass time to remove the old wiring harness and replace it.

But anyways, it's ready for round 2, given it doesn't rain tomorrow.

Back