Revo 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if your still stripping gears after that i would suggest the m2c engine brace to eliminate any chassis flex that can be caused from the torque the picco puts out,$18 from amain

For those who go up on the clutch bell check the bearing size! The bearings in a Traxxas 15t bell are 5x10, the Traxxas 17t bell uses 5x11 bearings. Lucky for me I never got rid of my box of random Rc parts.

I hand filed the mount where the screws pass through it and that made a big difference, now the engine doesn't feel like the engine mount has to be forced in. I also installed 17/36 gearing and the gear mesh is nice, three tanks through it this morning and things are going great! I'm still running it on the rich side but this is a thirsty engine, I need a bigger fuel tank!

I have to say that the Picco has been very easy to run so far, It has a half gallon through it with no tuning issuies yet, went through break in and still running the same glow plug. It starts easy, idles great and as expected it's showing signs of being able to over power the short chassis Revo which is exactly what a basher wants!

The next mods will need to be on the driver! At WOT it doesn't turn well, the driver should let off the throttle LOL

brokedit_zpsc11b7070.gif

i never liked the wt my t maxx handled with geods and they balloon to much imo i like my chevrons more

i think picco/ofna may of finally fixed the issues with the carbs on these things,glad yours is going good i may just end up replacing mine due to the fact that i'm at nearly the 2 gallon mark and still am not entirly happy with the tune

The stock clutch was good enough for break in and some light running, after tuning it didn't last long! The shoes are still there but the spring is too weak, can't even idle anymore....Revo down!

m2c clutch......nuff said
i find that the stocker is good for the smaller engines back anything with some deceint hp will strech the springs

I'll upgrade before long but for now I have a couple of extras in a box. While nothing is broken I decided to really run it hard. Ran for 50 minutes without turning it off, highest temp was 225 and it ran great the whole time until it did a few cart wheels and stripped the spur. one day I'll learn not to tighten that thing down all the way.....probably not :D

I tried the picco jl red dot in my revo had a hell of a time getting the mesh right tried different gear combo's still could not get it to mesh correctly

Back