Revo 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Day one with the new to me Revo! It's the original short chassis version with a 3.3. I bought it off fleabay and got better than expected. I pulled it out of a well packed box charged the batteries put fuel in it and it started and ran great...Thats a surprise! On tank two I was running it hard and the forward gear in the tranny stripped, this was not a surprise! I picked up the FOC for this reason...any Traxxas truck running the opti drive is bound to fail!

Revo___zps60d9e5c3.gif

Since the tranny was already out I figured I might as well go through everything.

33engine_zpse1feea42.gif

Last edited:
Short chassis Revo brings back lots of memories.

The wing is a great addition but I highly suggest adding the 3.3 spec chassis brace also to help add some strength to the engine bay area.

Also, get the spring mounted header as the stock headers snap after a few hard landings. I went through 5 of the stupid things before getting the spring mount, then never had an issue again.

i've got a nice ths setup for that thing for sale if ya keen

I have installed the engine chassis brace from a 3.3 and a new exhaust with the spring mount. The bearings in the 3.3 are about to go, I almost rebuilt this engine but decided to try something different. A new power plant has been ordered!

chickenman242 you posted you stuff for sale the day after I bought a new exhaust. If you would have been one day earlier I would have bought it from you!

all good mate ,i keep meaning to use it everytime i start a new build but it still ends up in the parts box again
what engine are you gonna run??

I ordered a Picco Max .26

That should be interesting on a short chassis
I remember when I first got my tm 523 in a short chassis maxx , way overpowered but fun as hell

i just wish i could run mine long enough to break stuff,work+family=sitting at my desk looking at all my trucks instead of running them

The new engine showed up today, got it installed and heat cycle is in progress.

1picco_zpsf74c071f.gif

piccoRevo_zpsdc46c532.gif

There is nothing better looking than a fresh engine

Yep and hearing it start for the first time! It fired up on the first pull and never missed a beat!

Very nice. You may want to buy some extra drive shafts. ;)

Sent from my XT907

Broken pull start....Sucks!

I have gotten lazy when it comes to working on an Rc, it took me three days to make an attempt at fixing the pull start. Once I picked it up it was working within 10 minutes. Hopefully it will run tomorrow and I can start tuning for power.

I'm using the Ofna mount, it sucks because it has very little adjustment. It's hard to get the mesh right, after a little tuning it just eats spur gears! I'm going to try a different gear combo in hopes of getting better mesh. When I ordered it I had forgotten that you made them.

what spur/cb are you running??
i started with 15/38 but switched to 17/36 which seems to be what most people are running and I'm happy with it,all was going well on the weekend till i lunched the tranny
i'm using te ofna mount and it can be a right pain to get the mesh spot on,i had to dremel out a bit of material from inside the adjust ment slot and a tiny amount around where the bolts pass through other wise it didnt sit fully square

I was running 15/38 but I'm switching to 17/36. I did some work on the mount this morning and I think it's going to sit a little better.

Back