Recomendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ischilk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have 2 used stock 2wd slashes coming. 1 needs a motor. I need to order some supplies and parts and would like some recommendations. I will be playing on my own track and property, no official race or ROAR specs needed. Want to keep budget low as possible but have them sturdy and reliable. These will be doing lots of jumping
- Brushless motor
- Battery packs (Best overal run time and power, plan on buying a couple for each truck
- Diff lube
- Motor cleaner
- Tires, all around, will be run on track, woods, grass and dirt road surfaces.
- Common spare parts or things to upgrade,

If you want durability over performance, pick up rpm parts, especially their bumpers. Also look into getting lipos, they will give you longer run times over typical NiMh batteries. The vxl brushless kit will work great and can be found on eBay fairly cheap. As far as tires that will depend. M3 calibers work well on most surfaces, or you can even try siping your stock tires. Enjoy ur trucks! Hope I helped.

Check hobbyking.com for your batteries they have a lot to choose from. It will take about 14 days to get them b/c they usually ship from Hong Kong. I just bought two Zippy 5000mha 3s 20c for my 4x4 slash performe great.

Diff lube I would stary w/ 10000wt or 20000wt to calm down the torch stear you will get from the lipos, and would start w/ 70wt in front shocks anf 50wt in rear.

Wal Mart sells Brake Parts Cleaner NON CHLORINATED make sure it is . U can use it on your motors, but if you are3 going brushless you wont need it. It will work for cleaning your car though wont hurt the electronics.

tire I would go with Bowties they are a goood all around tire for woods grass dirt and the track. As for the street You will burn them off fast. So i would look into a set of road tires.

Deffinatly check out the RPM stuff its quality strong and beefy.

I only live about 30min from Cranberry in Ohio so i know what u are dealing with on your terrain hope i helped.

Back