RCNT Winter Bash '04

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the track is a large 8th scale buggy track. The jumps are as high as 5 feet tall, and the track is packed so hard, its like concrete. i worry that a stadium truck will break trying to get around the track. however, just "playing" on the track should be okay.

Originally posted by ricer55
hmmmmm i dotn even know whats goin on here...

Did you read the entire thread?

Summary - A few guys are getting together in Orlando, FL Janurary 8th thru the 11th for some bashing.

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

The bash is only 6 days away!!!!!

I need everyone going to please check in here at the thread as well as post how your getting here, and when. Who need a pickup from the airport, who is driving? Also, please - everyone that is coming, give me a quick phone call just to coordinate plans. If you dont have my number - PM me and i will give it to you. This is going to be a great time!!!

TOMORROW TOMORROW!!!!!!

Yeah I can't wait. I wanna get the heck outta here. Mothernature is starting to really dump on us. Lets hope the grounds crew for the airport is a lil more organized than the Kent County Road Commission. I had to do some running around today and the roads are crap. My travel time was easily doubled becasue of the roads...

Pic of my front yard...
61front_yard-med.jpg

Pic of my back yard...
61back_yard-med.jpg

holy poop bro!!!!

Here is our weather report this week for the Winter Bash!

We have a cold front coming through, so the temps are going to drop a bit, no more 85 degree days.

partlycloudy_am_55x55.gif

......WED---THU---FRI----SAT---SUN

HI 71°F--63°F--68°F--68°F--65°F

LO 48°F--44°F--44°F--50°F--50°F

Wind from the North 10-15 mph.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy.

Wednesday: Colder air behind the front drops highs into the mid 60's. Still breezy.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear and colder.

Thursday: Just a few clouds.

Thursday Night: Clear and cold again.

Friday: A slight chance of an isolated shower is possible today.

Friday Night: Just a few clouds expected.

Last edited:
Have fun at your bash guys. It's a shame that it wasn't possible for me to come out this time around. Some track time right about now would be awsome. The winter is sucky dry spell... another 4ish months I keep saying to myself.

Have Fun :D

Hell...I'll take 65-70 temps. It's like 18-20 here in NY today.

Originally posted by RobH
Have fun at your bash guys. It's a shame that it wasn't possible for me to come out this time around. Some track time right about now would be awsome. The winter is sucky dry spell... another 4ish months I keep saying to myself.

Have Fun :D

Wow gotta lotta balls to show your face round here. You suck jackass!:sniper:

:whack: Both u kiss and make up! :LoL:

NA- Keep us updated for us unfortunates.

Well - MCVickj came into the airport today - minus an engine, fuel lines, fuel tank for the storm, and several other things the airport took away from him. idiots. anyways - its been about 68 here all day, I'm sure he was happy since it was 12 when he left. we went to the hobby shop - picked up his items, no storm fuel tank, but the had an ofna 9.5 one that fit after some hand made modifications. everything is well, Imbroken and Kevin get here tomorrow. We will be going to the track for the first time tomorrow early afternoon. pics to come soon!

Howdy from Sunny Orlando!!! I was hoping to get the Storm broken in today but as NA mentioned I ran into some problems. :( I mentioned to the guy that was screening the bags that I have some RC stuff in this bag will it be a problem. He told me that it wouldn't and I went to the concourse to grab a bit to eat and unwind from the stressful drive to the airport. (We had over 6 inches of snow in a 12 hour period. The roads were total crap.)

Then I hear my name announced over the PA system to come to the security check in. The same guy told me that once fuel was introduced to the system that I could not bring it aboard the plane becasue of the fumes. So after talking to him for about 15 minutes I ask him if I can just leave the fuel system and take the RC's with me. He agreed to that. Then I mentioed that my buggy engine hasn't even seen fuel yet and can I bring it aboard.

He made me remove the engine from the chassis and then remove the header. He then put his nose to the exhaust port and the carb to "smell" for fuel. Finally he agreed to let me pack it. I had to leave behind my fuel bottle, my Hyper 8 port for the Savage, the Savage tank and the Storm tank. He was being such as ass that he made me take the fuel lines off too!!! TSA has no problems with anything else.

So next time I will just mail the fuel system and engine before I leave. There is also a story behind the trip and my connection but that will be for another time.

I brought my digicam so we should have some pics up in a day or two.

Thanks for the HEADS UP mcvickj, I just pulled the engines & fuel systems from our rides, cleaned em up & packed em seperately in case of problems at the airport.... Worst case scenario, I'll have my wife Next Day em to me.... lol See ya in Fla. guys..........

Glad to know what would happen if I decided to go by plane in April. So the car road trip it is. :censored:

Back