R/C Car Cleaning????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVOTMAXX.18TM

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What do you guys think, (Recomended Denatured alcohol)-And standard alcohol which is a lot cheaper, I use an air comp. also, just want to know what most of you guys are using?????????????Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Simple green and water, occasionally use DA. Isopropyl leaves a slight residue where as Denatured does not. SG cut 1:1 or 2:1 works great.

I dont use any type of alcohol anymore, I like Simple Green more.

jetmechG550 said:
Simple green and water, occasionally use DA. Isopropyl leaves a slight residue where as Denatured does not. SG cut 1:1 or 2:1 works great.
Doesn't simple green 50/50 leave a residue? Wouldn't there be a soapy film left? I also use my air compressor also.

Last edited:
No. After a heavy race weekend, I remove electronics and then blast it down with simple green and then hose it off a garden hose, then blow it out with my air compressor. At the track I'll use simple green in a squirt bottle set to stream and then hit it with water from another squirt bottle set to stream so I can direct the spray. Someone usually has a compressor or one at the track to blow it off. The big cleanings usually get a WD-40 bath and I re-lube all the joints, axles and bearings.

I just blast it with mild soap and water and a brush. Rinse well w/water. Spray (heavily) with DA. Done.

Simple green and water. First remove ALL electronics. Those two don't get along well at all.

just my compressor and nitro cleaner every so often

I use my compressor, then use a solution of 2 parts DA with one part Simple Green. Works like a charm everytime!

I'm about the same as everyone else, but I use denatured alcohol on metals, and simple green on plastics. You can use simple green on metal also.

I just use a little ration between simple green and water. Usually so that the solution is a light green-mild green.