quick question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulangelo

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just bought a used Schumacher and included in the package was old nitro fuel. This has been in the bottle for approx 2 years. question, How old is too old to use for the fuel?

I honestly dont know but even if someone told me it was good for 10 years I would still get new fuel as it is much cheaper than a new engine. Just my :2cents:

What kind of bottle is it in? If its in a sealed container it may be ok. But if it has ever been opened chances are it not any good. Nitro will collect water/condensation.

I would use it as weed killer. You might spend days wondering why you can't get the engine tuned right just because your 20% nitro has degraded to 12%.

weed killer it is, thanks for the quick response, by the way, it is in sealed containers that have been opened but the cap put back on.

Once it's lost it's 'factory seal' and then sat for 2 years, I wouldn't trust it any more. It won't damage your engine, but you can probably expect poor performance and nighmare tuning issues.
I've been there, and fuel is always the last thing you suspect.

Stick some Byron's 20% in it. That's what I use in my Fusion21. BTW, we have the same engine ... Thundertiger 21R.

My Thundertiger loves the byron's. Good performance and most of all, burns clean and no excessive nitro residue.