os .21 or picco .26?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rak12

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok as the title says I'm considering upgrading my tmaxx 3.3 (4908 chassis) to either a os .21 or a picco .26. I'm trying to get some feedback on the differences and traits of each of them.... e.g. low end power or high end power, average lifespan (assuming good tunes each run), holding tunes, etc. The respective websites dont give much info other than spec numbers. Also how are accurate are those numbers?. I'd like to know info that they dont tell you on the website. I know I'll have to eventually change driveline components due to the extra power, thats not neccessarily what I'm after.

p.s. OS makes about 8 different models of the .21, which is best suited for the tmaxx? thank you for replies and sharing your experience.

i just mounted a o.s. 21tm in my jato frame. i havent ran it yet. but it looks like a true bolt in. its a small block. i have a picco 26 max, i think its a big block. had to buy a spcl mount to go in my t-maxx. but have not tryed to bolt it in yet. both engines make a lot more power than the stock engine so take it easy. see i told you i didnt know much.

Go with the os.21tm you'll be happy been using os for 40 yrs i wouldn't lie to you.:D

thanks for the input guys. I probably am going to get the OS. It seems from posts here and from guys at the LHS's in my area that the
OS is a more prevalent engine. It also seems that the "more experienced" drivers here run OS, this tends to weigh heavily in my decision.

I went with the picco .26 on two of my t-maxxs...

love em!

are you guys using the stock 3.3 carb and pipe?

i have a picco .26 and ill say this.. buy the O.S... parts breakage on a 4908 is endless.

update om post #3. just got my o.s. 21tm running. it IS STUPID FAST. my jaco tires will NOT hook up. you HAVE to hold back the throttle. my tuner thinks i need a single speed trans. my slipper clutch is set as tight as i can but it STILL slips. any ideas about the slipper clutch?