Got myself a traxxas Revo 2.5!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending p/s unit back to ofna for warrantying out. I firmly believe its the one way bearing. The ps unit seems to be super smooth in operation off engine but the one way makes me curious though. Guess we'll see when I get my new parts!

That's normal. A new engine is super hard to pull and return the pull back to start.

That's normal. A new engine is super hard to pull and return the pull back to start.

Especially a .28 even though its a mid block, your just in the break in pains man

well looks like the pullstarter case doesn't fit the backing plate of the engine correctly. Looks to be a tad to big. Installed 3 of the 4 screws and the 4th screw hole doesn't line up perfect. SO I installed and lock tighted the 3 and the new pullstart works like a charm. Then again I don't know if that fixed it or the pull starter they sent back did. Regardless it's time to break this dang thing in!

So far its up and running pretty good! Got some worn out shocks or something cause when I go down the road at a decent speed. One of the rear wheels hops up and down off the ground lol. It's pretty comical.

Theres probably no oil left in the shock

looks like some of the problem is warped or misformed wheel hexes that don't fit the wheels very well. Looks like I may need to upgrade to an aluminum hex or go with the threaded pin style 17 mm

Got some worn out shocks or something cause when I go down the road at a decent speed. One of the rear wheels hops up and down off the ground lol. It's pretty comical.

Usually its not the shocks that cause the wheels to hop.

Something is bent/warped in the drive train (axle/stub axle) or the tire is out of balance. Check the tire balance 1st by disconnecting the drive shaft and give the wheel/tire a good spin. If its out of balance a lot (or badly warped) the suspension will bounce up and down, if it does remove the wheel/tire and install one of the other wheel/tires that were not bouncing on that corner and give it a spin. This will tell you if it's the wheel/tire balance or in the drive train.
Some of my race wheel/tires have ¼ oz or more of weights on the wheel to keep them balanced and not hopping up and down.

turns out it was some off balance old plastic hex hubs. I got some aluminum ones and issues have seemed to go away now!

Back