.26 red dot high idle after WOT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty-_-donkey

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, i got a new picco .26 red dot for my revo and am having a hell of a time with the LSN settings. When i come off of a WOT pass the idle goes up and bounces all over the place, i have read that i need to actually richin the HSN but by the time i richin it enough to fix the problem its to rich to get any power out of top end.(bogs and don't want to hit 2nd gear)

I have sealed the carb and the back plate, have gone back to stock settings numerous times and retried tuning but still the problem persist. I only have about half a gallon thru it. I'm currently running a ths1046 pipe and stock air filter, could my issue be caused form restricting the engine to much? I know the pipe i have is for low end and that the picco definitely don't need any help there so i do have jp-3 pipe in the mail now and high flow filter. Trying to figure out what i need to get this running right, and i am open to any suggestions. I also have a new fuel tank and line on the way to. ( trying to eliminate any possible air leak issues.as my os.18tm didn't seem to run to hot in this set up either,i have replaced tank lid, lid seal twice and fuel line already in past month) Possible that the engine just isn't broken in enough yet?

So if you have any helpful advice, or think of anything i might be over looking i am all ears. Plan on resealing the carb again just in case it got tweaked and broke the seal, although i already have done this and dont see any signs of leaks on carb or exhaust. I have a bunch of parts on the way so i will have the truck pretty much torn apart for the next week, so going thru and inspecting parts wont be a issue.

As stated earlier i do have some parts coming that will hopefully help out my situation but would like to go over all possibilities while the truck is torn down and make sure its right this time around.

*The idle does this after WOT pass and engine running under 200 degrees, haven't been able to get higher the 220 and that was at bottom of the tank. Also i seem to get air bubbles in my fuel line, is that normal? or a possibly source to my frustration
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Air bubbles in the line are a problem. Are you sure the hsn is rich enough? The reason I ask is because a well tuned engine will seem rich until it warms up.

Either way, don't be afraid to set the lsn out past factory and try again.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is, after about half a tank is when i start to have issues, so i know that will cause it to run lean but even so i can tune it down to 180 degrees and it will still happen.

Any suggestions on how to rid my self of air bubbles in the line?

thank you

It could be that pipe you were talking about, or you need a new tank and/or lines.

Ok, well I guess I'll be back Wednesday or Thursday after I receive and install new stuff, and let ya know how it went. Thanks

Back