Not So Hyped?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilBeQuick

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Am I the only one here who's not so hyped up about the MGT coming out? I look at it and think "man those fake piggybacks are cheesy as hell, not to mention that crappy jaguar radio". And what about the thunder tiger .21 engine? I would just think someone with the name recognition would put a larger, higher quality engine in their flagship monster truck. It looks like it will have some pretty good things about it, but sorry, for the money, I'd go with the Savage 25.

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, for their flagship MT, in a time where MT competetion is so heavy, I just expect a lot more from AE.

My stock T-Maxx will run circles around this pig.:hehe:

man, all this negative talk is flying around about the mgt. nobody's even giving it a chance. i understand the fake piggyback's are pretty cheasy, but i've been looking forward to this thing coming out since about february of last year. ya'll are crushing my dream!! i had such high hopes for it to be the next big thing and so far it's coming out a flop. things have to get better, there has to be a positive.

Imnot....don't get me wrong, it will probably be a great truck. What I'm saying is that I think it's hyped up to be a lot more than it is. This is just my opinion, as I've never driven one, or seen one driven outside the company promo vid. (which was very short and unimpressive in itself). Me personally, I hope they come out and whip everybody's ass and live up to the reputation AE has presidented before it, but I just don't think it will.

I agree with you guys.... Kind of a let down from a company like AE..... Hell, the Kyosho Mad Force RCX even comes with an OS .21... I think I'll be gettin me one of those bad boyz....
3 speed, chain drive, OS .21..... Sounds like a nasty combination....

Originally posted by Freedom
My stock T-Maxx will run circles around this pig.:hehe:

How do you know?

Do you have both truck so you can make a comparison?
We prefer to post facts on this forum not make unfounded assumptions.

When you get both we will listen to your opinion Until that time, post your nonsense on another forum.

With all due respect.
-Ed

In conjunction with Eddy, I didn't start this thread to be another "A vs. B" fight. I was simply stating my opinion on the one vehicle in particular, to see if I was the only one who is thinking in that direction.

Originally posted by FastEddy

How do you know?

When you get both we will listen to your opinion Until that time, post your nonsense on another forum.

With all due respect.
-Ed

harsh words...i think someone worships the MGT...lol...j/k

anyhoo, I don't think it's all that...just another MT. Hell I don't really care all that much about it...one way or the other...it's just not that big of deal to me...and what's this piggy back thingie you guys are talking about?

Originally posted by FastEddy

How do you know?

With all due respect.
-Ed

Who is the WE you refer to Eddy? LOL.. You sound like a big grumpy hall monitor tonight..

With all due respect.
John :)

Enough is enough. No more tag in the open forums...you want to play? Take it to the Free for all section. Leave this section to the AE MGT.

Kwong there are piggy back reserves mounted to the shock towers, they are supposed to refill lost shock fluid when needed, well on the MGT they are fake. I too was dissapointed to see this on an AE product, but its still to early to bash the truck based on such a minimal design flaw. I'm just gonna wait until someone posts a comparison before looking further into a purchase. Just my 2 cents

I have no opinion as of this point on the AE other than it looks and feels good on the counter of my LHS. Time has a way of telling the truth about new products.

My LHS has one... that's it one... as it sits next to 20 T-MAXX and 5 Savage 25 (which be gone again in 2 days).... they sell more Savages than anything else

Getting back to the subject... I am not so hyped about it either, like I said before....Where are all the peps that have this truck? Let's get in here because I want to hear what they have to say. I have the Ofna Monster Titan Deluxe and it's a fast, and furious monster but not as nimble or as fast as my stock T-Maxx. I want to see one in run so that I can humiliate it in person, all in good fun of course.:winnar: Oh Eddy it's cool but next time read the title of the post 'Not so Hyped' that's most of us here.

With all due respect,

Freedom(AKA T-Maxx fan:p: )

:boxing:

Much better post Freedom, It had substance and a point. I knew you could do it.

My LHS has many of them in stock. When I talked to him yesterday about how sales were going he said the AE was selling 1:3 along side the T and Savage.

One thing you need to look at is that the MT industry is flooded at this point. The T came out and was the first real MT so everyone that had interest went and got one. Then the savage came out and gave people a choice. People upgraded to the Savage, added one to their collection or chose between the two for a first MT purchase.

Now we have the AE in the mix. The AE will be slow to take off. Most extreme RCers aren't going to run out a get one, who has the room for a 3rd MT? A Lot of the LHS aren't stocking more than a few for the fact that they don't have the room nor the money to add several more MT to inventory before selling the Ts and Savages they already have in stock.

The AE will take off later than sooner and capture its share of the market. Trust me, any weak link in the AE will soon me found and fixed with aftermarket parts just like with the T-Maxx.

Well I have had mine for about a week and can finally say it is a great truck period!The top speed is way over 32 that RCCA posted mine was about the same till I noticed the pinion bell discoloring,pulled it a part and noticed the clutch was slipping horribly cleaned it sanded with some 1500 grit and put it back together and holy crap it screams! I wasn't that impressed at first iam use to driving a xxxnt with a sirio .15 in it,but now I am very happy.this thing looks like a lot of tmaxxes Isee running around the only differnce is this one comes with most of the parts that they had to upgrade to,not bashing just honest truth.

I really do want to see one run in person, and maybe even drive it around a little because it does look pretty trick.

Originally posted by Freedom
Where are all the peps that have this truck? Let's get in here because I want to hear what they have to say.

:boxing:

freedom, check out the other site that i see u at. there are 10-15 people there that have one, and other than a couple minor complaints, they are all praising it. most who have another mt, such as a tmaxx say the MGT is far better. there is also a 6 minute video that i posted here u can watch

Back