New Truck is Here!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Picked myself up an SC10RS to run on the local track, and it's my first Associated product ever. With my Tower discount coupon, it was too good to pass up. Also picked up some tuning stuff for it to get it ready to roll for Sunday. Tear down will start tomorrow night. I'm very anxious to get out there and get back into racing!! My one complaint, the steering rack has a ridiculous amount of slop in it.

P1130121copy_zpse4c82651.jpg

Extras

P1130083copy_zpsb66f49e8.jpg

Oh hell ya! Racing SC is the funnest thing...Looks like a nice build too.

Sweet! I'm looking to see if i can pick one up monday.

^^I'll add that to the list also.

Also, just started trying to take the truck apart to discover that Associated uses SAE size fasteners. Why? For the love of God man, why? Go home Associated, you're drunk. :D

I'll stop by sLowes tomorrow for some SAE tools I guess.

Well my excitement was short lived. I started setting up the shocks and not only did I get sent the wrong front spring kit, but one of my rear shocks is either bent, or the body is screwed, the piston hangs about 1/4 way into the travel. Sad part is, I probably did it trying to get the damn caps off of them. Even with the included wrench (which is plastic so it would just spread the jaws), they weren't budging. So, I had to use a thick piece of rubber and pliers, so I guess it mashed the body. I suppose you only get so much out of 7yo communist forced labor camps. :angry:

I'm 2/2 this week, the front brake for my RC bike was a nightmare of missing parts and screw ups from the factory also. Just not my week I guess. Time for a new hobby for a while, like excessive drinking. :D

Last edited:
crying-little-baby-boy-xs.jpg

It's okay, buddy. We all have those days. You'll be fine.
I promise. It's all part of this hobby, and it beats drinking.

It os OK we have all been there with RTR's. I now prefer to build em myself.

I found a trick to the shock caps. Stick a allen driver in the hole in the cap and twist it off. Or buy the V2 shocks. Better yet go BIG BORES.

^^LMAO!

Yeah, tried the allen wrench trick too wrench, no dice. my truck actually came with the V2's. I'll probably just ebay some new rears for now.

EDIT: Dug through all my old stuff, and my old pede rear shocks are the exact same length and fit without any hassle. We'll see how they do on Sunday. Steering slop was the servo saver bolts were all just finger tight, it's great now. Installed the front RPM bumper also. Tomorrow night, I'll tackle the rear of the truck, diff service and CVD drive install. Woo hoo! :D

EDIT #2: If there was a flat spot on the shock body for the included wrench, why didn't I just grab a crescent wrench to begin with? This is why I wear the helmet, and sit in the back of the bus, all alone.

Last edited:
Ran the first race today, and boy am I a horrible driver LOL. Actually not too bad, the truck is just really tail happy, so I need to change my setup and get out there during the week for some practice laps. We added 1.5oz of weight in the back of the battery tray, and set the ESC to the softest punch setting and it's still a handful. Track is hard baked out clay with a layer of super fine clay dust on top, throttle control is critical. I had a blast though!!

Last shot of it nice and pretty. It took some good beatings today, including a head on at about 25mph each when a guy jumped the pipe. RPM saved the day!

P1130199Medium_zps9b1dcb81.jpg

Looks good man, sounds like a good time.

Ran the first race today, and boy am I a horrible driver LOL. Actually not too bad, the truck is just really tail happy, so I need to change my setup and get out there during the week for some practice laps. We added 1.5oz of weight in the back of the battery tray, and set the ESC to the softest punch setting and it's still a handful. Track is hard baked out clay with a layer of super fine clay dust on top, throttle control is critical.

If you want better traction, look at Traxxas' off road racing tire......all of the Pros use them. :first_place:

5871R.jpg

Thanks SchrodeMode, it was lots of fun. The Traxxas tires probably wouldn't do well on our track surface. I ordered a set of AKA Enduros on the advice of a friend, and a lot of reading on short course tires.

AKA13002VRE_a0_zps28690224.jpg

Thanks SchrodeMode, it was lots of fun. The Traxxas tires probably wouldn't do well on our track surface.

I sprinkled a lot of sarcasm on there, the Slash tires are only good for drifting. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Enduro's are Great on most surfaces!!

Back